• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Improvements that could be made to GPAnalysis?
2 2

17 posts in this topic

It has been a good deal of time since the 'new' website for gpanalysis has rolled out and I was curious on what other improvements the community might want from it.
I have noticed they are not active on either of their social channels (twitter or Facebook) so the only way to send them any sort of bug/suggestion report is by way of the contact form (not ideal). My thinking is if there are other common suggestions the community wants we can collect them all and point them to this thread.

I myself have been asking them to update the tile colors for Conserved books, as right now they share they same css style as the default color (restored). Thisis perhaps one of the easiest updates they can do which would bring it in line with CGCs modern labels (and make visually scanning the lists easier for relevant price data).

Current GPA:
997197269_ScreenShot2022-05-22at1_52_33PM.thumb.png.2384d4a8298bf5ab6f70ebcb38318574.png

Ideal Fixed GPA: 
Simply change it so the SPAN tag outputs with the class "c-badge--conserved" and add .c-badge--conserved { background-color: #777; } to the stylesheet. Easy peasy!

conserved.thumb.png.0938b3e7cc833ebcc0e6fa6c9ba25120.png

On 5/23/2022 at 12:08 PM, Callaway29 said:

A view that lists recent sales, regardless of grade, in chronological order for any given book. Gocollect has this...

This 100%. I am amazed that the site lacks ANY sort of sorting view option. It would be great to actually Sort by Most Recent Sales or Sort by Highest Realized Price (descending)

Definitely cover photos!   They should really get someone to spend a months matching up GPA database to Comics.org.  Displayed on each page or as a link to Comics.org…assuming there something in it for them.  I wish CGC would do it too. And great idea of more sortable results for each comic.   But beware what you wish for when the list for silver and bronze books is 300 deep with just 9.8s!!

The format for printing sales data.  I use to print them out so I didn't have to constantly login to keep looking at the same books.

Before the last overhaul, I was able to easily print out sales data for easy reference. Very organized and clean looking.  Now, I don't even try because the formatting is all messed up/unreadable, and it prints way too many pages.  We also used to be able to have multiple year tabs open under a specific grade to easily compare year to year prices of that grade.  I used this to print the differences in prices over the years for specific grades.  Now we can only have one year under a grade open...

Another recommendation would be a horizontal bar or drop down box with letters that expand to your saved titles, instead of having to scroll down forever to find a certain saved title.

The UI needs to be seriously reconsidered.  I use GPA everyday and I actually liked it a lot better before the updates.

The thing I like the most about GPA is the customer service.  You can send them a message and they will literally get back to you in a matter of minutes to hours.

On search results I would like to have the ability to sort by number of issues. So if I search for Batman, all the billion one-shots and mini's could appear after Batman And Detective and the bigger books.  Maybe sort by Letter first, then number of issues. 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:08 AM, inapicklecomics said:

Also, just a basic title and number search, instead of having to search title only first.

If you use the # sign you can search title and number.  Like “Amazing Spider-Man #129” will take you to a list of all Comics that have Amazing Spider-Man in the title and an issue #129.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:56 AM, Miguelb said:

I've been considering a subscription, do most people prefer GPA to Gocollect?  It seems like it..

Can’t speak for everyone, but…

I much prefer GoCollect’s interface.  But GPA has a ton more data (both more current sources and more historical data.). It kind of depends on what you want to use it for.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:22 AM, thunsicker said:

I much prefer GoCollect’s interface.  But GPA has a ton more data (both more current sources and more historical data.). It kind of depends on what you want to use it for.

Agreed, GC is much slicker, but if GPA has more data that seems like the obvious choice for me.  Thanks.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:17 AM, thunsicker said:

If you use the # sign you can search title and number.  Like “Amazing Spider-Man #129” will take you to a list of all Comics that have Amazing Spider-Man in the title and an issue #129.

It is amazing how often I have to tell people about this simple, basic AF, search syntax. Obviously GPA needs to perhaps advertise this someplace else on the website as it is clear many people are not getting it (which is funny because its one of the few ways to refine search results that 99% of comic collectors should discover accidentally just from entering their string!)

On 5/26/2022 at 8:22 AM, thunsicker said:

Right?  If I sell, I quote using whichever has the highest prices. 

If I buy, I tell the seller, whichever has the lowest prices.  (:

On 5/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, thunsicker said:

With the huge amount of data George has amassed by this time I would love for him to hire a data scientist to do a multivariable analysis to try to get some kind of price guide rather than just price reporting functionality.  

I tried to get George on board with this concept of a price guide many years ago, using a different method. 

And that was to interface raw book sales along with CGC graded books. 

This was before algos were really popular or well understood by the general public. 

He was on board with the idea but the discussion wasn't really productive here. Surprise. lol

Edited by VintageComics