• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Lois Lane Cover? Action Comics #29? I don't think so.

45 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2022 at 4:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 6/2/2022 at 1:49 PM, valiantman said:

...but it's conjecture, not a perfect match to the story.

I'm not sure why we would see it necessary to rebuke the logical conclusion, though. Especially by today's standards where many comic covers do not match what is occurring in the story, while most of this issue (#27) lines up.

She's also wearing the same dress as in AC29. I just don't see how #27 isn't her first cover appearance. I have no skin in the game, I'm just trying to look at what makes sense.

There's a woman on the cover of Action Comics #23, and the only woman in the Superman story within Action Comics #23 is Lois.

For whatever reason, no one considers Action Comics #23 the first cover appearance of Lois. (shrug)

On 6/3/2022 at 11:02 AM, valiantman said:

There's a woman on the cover of Action Comics #23, and the only woman in the Superman story within Action Comics #23 is Lois.

For whatever reason, no one considers Action Comics #23 the first cover appearance of Lois. (shrug)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lois in AC23 does not look like the girl on the cover.

The girl on AC27 is identical to the girl on AC29, right?

On 6/3/2022 at 10:08 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 6/3/2022 at 10:02 AM, valiantman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lois in AC23 does not look like the girl on the cover.

The girl on AC27 is identical to the girl on AC29, right?

Lois in AC23 is wearing a coat.  The woman on the cover of AC23 isn't.  Otherwise, it could be Lois (since she tends to get herself into fall-off-of-building situations more than the average gal).

Edited by valiantman

On 8/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, JazzMan said:

image.png.629d4d0dc1aaed58f6ba56268c435279.png graded 07/27/2020

image.png.3209876e7b123acab4d97880a67da129.png graded 07/28/2020

CGC Needs to make up its mind on which is the 1st LL cover.

Here's more fodder for the discussion.  Graded a day apart and both with claims that it's the 1st Lois Lane.

Edited by JazzMan

On 6/3/2022 at 1:30 PM, JazzMan said:

Here's more fodder for the discussion.  Graded a day apart and both with claims that it's the 1st Lois Lane.

I stand corrected by my earlier comment about this being a change in judgement. That's an error after the change in judgement.