• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skipped Pressing?

25 posts in this topic

Re CGC6469626533, This is a Fast Track Modern order of 5 books, which was Received 5/26 but is now showing in GRADING/ENCAPSULATING/IMAGING as of today.

Can someone confirm that these books are being routed to CCS for Pressing, and are not in Grading? Or is there something that I'm unaware of as far as the Status and the order of steps?

thanks

cb

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I did check that order and it does appear it somehow missed pressing.  I'll have them pull the order and get that back over to CCS ASAP.  I am sorry for the inconvenience!  

Thank you,

Just checked the status again (June 4), now it is showing in Grading/Quality Control. That is further along the process rather than being sent to CCS. Can someone please ensure these are on their way to CCS and that the status is corrected?

thanks

cb

• Administrator
On 6/4/2022 at 5:58 PM, cbudzan said:

Just checked the status again (June 4), now it is showing in Grading/Quality Control. That is further along the process rather than being sent to CCS. Can someone please ensure these are on their way to CCS and that the status is corrected?

thanks

cb

Hello, I will follow up with them again on this.  I did put a note in there to make sure the invoice is pressed before it ships so it won't ship out until that process is completed.  I am sorry for the inconvenience.  Thank you!

sorry, currently, are these books going to be graded, then sent back to CCS, and then to Encapsulation? or did I mis-understand?

They need to be pressed, then graded and encapsulated.

thanks

cb

Per the Credit Card Acknowledgement on June 6 my credit card was charged. Part of the charge was $180.50 against Submission 4071544 (CGC6469626533). Can someone confirm what this charge is for? 

Remember, these books should have been routed to CCS for pressing but were incorrectly routed to Grading. (and potentially graded and encapsulated, i'm not sure).

If the charge against this submission is a charge because the books have made it to CCS, that's great, but the books status should be corrected.

If the charge against this submission is because the books landed in grading, then this needs to be reversed immediately as this charge is due to a mis-routing. And again, the books need to be routed to CCS and the status of the books should be updated and correctly displayed on My Submissions page

thanks for your help

cb

• Administrator
On 6/9/2022 at 9:36 PM, cbudzan said:

Per the Credit Card Acknowledgement on June 6 my credit card was charged. Part of the charge was $180.50 against Submission 4071544 (CGC6469626533). Can someone confirm what this charge is for? 

Remember, these books should have been routed to CCS for pressing but were incorrectly routed to Grading. (and potentially graded and encapsulated, i'm not sure).

If the charge against this submission is a charge because the books have made it to CCS, that's great, but the books status should be corrected.

If the charge against this submission is because the books landed in grading, then this needs to be reversed immediately as this charge is due to a mis-routing. And again, the books need to be routed to CCS and the status of the books should be updated and correctly displayed on My Submissions page

thanks for your help

cb

Hello, we will check with accounting on the fees.  If it was the grading fees, we will only charge you once for those and you would not be charged grading a second time after it comes back out of pressing.  I'm sorry for the confusion!  Thanks.

Good Morning Jennifer!

Following up on this:

1) I have not heard back confirming what the $180 charge was for.

2) I see that today, the status of this order changed to Grading/Quality Control. The 5 books were to have been pulled from Grading (or somewhere ) and sent back to Pressing sometime after June 3, (per your comment). It seems unlikely to me that they got pressed and re-graded in only 18 calendar days, or did these get rushed through? I find it odd that at no time did the status change to show that the books were in Pressing. Can I get some assurance that, if the status is correct, that they've been re-graded AFTER the pressing was performed?

thanks

cb

Hello, just following up on this same order. CGC6469626533 Submission 4071544 .  It's been in Grading/Quality for a little while now. Could someone confirm that it is not stuck here because of confusion surrounding being graded twice?

thanks

cb

• Administrator

Hello CB,

This submission is still going through pressing. It was pushed to the front of the line however pressing is a multi-stage process that can take some time depending on each of the books included. When this is received back at CGC you will see the status on your submission tracking updated. 

Hi Matt, thanks for checking and the quick reply!

I was told by a CS Rep that the books had finished pressing and had been been regraded, and after that, something was caught in Quality Control. My first thought was that it might be due to holder defect issues or something physical or visual, but then I thought maybe there were issues or confusion stemming from the second grading, etc. vs the first grading, which is why I posted the question.

But what you are telling me now contradicts what they told me.

cb

• Administrator

Hello CB,

We actually found a book that still had some defects that should have been relieved by the pressing stage. This was found during quality control stage on 7/15/22. This submission was returned to CCS to continue the press. After, the books will once again be regraded and then encapsulated. We apologize for this delay. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:43 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello CB,

We actually found a book that still had some defects that should have been relieved by the pressing stage. This was found during quality control stage on 7/15/22. 

This is a heartening thing to read - that there's such a quality control check on pressing. Excellent.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:43 PM, MattM CS said:

Hello CB,

We actually found a book that still had some defects that should have been relieved by the pressing stage. This was found during quality control stage on 7/15/22. This submission was returned to CCS to continue the press. After, the books will once again be regraded and then encapsulated. We apologize for this delay. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hello, can someone give me an update on this submission? We're at 30 calendar days since the quoted post, which was 2 weeks after the return to CCS.  As I understand, one book needed to be re-pressed and re-graded, but I don't have visibility as to where it is. (btw, the quote says all books will be regraded, hoping that's a typo). 

thanks

cb

On 8/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, Chomp said:

All estimates are business days and regular pressing is at 250 business days (about a calendar year).

oh, i know. I'm WELL aware of the TATs.  :eyeroll:

This is a request for a status of a book that was part of a submission that had accidently skipped pressing and was graded and encapsulated. Once the error had been realized, they were all sent back to CCS for pressing, re-graded and re-encapsulated. Then something was picked up in QA on one book, and they were sent back to CCS for yet another press (and re-grade, etc.) . These books are usually given a higher priority because of the time already invested in the process. 

I'm very happy that a defect was caught before it left the door, I was just wondering where we were at.

Just givin' ya the short version :)