• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of the Jedi. Will just the name make it pop?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

So the Tales of the Jedi series seems to have nothing to do with the Dark Horse comics. But will just the name boost the value of the comics?

I'd say no, but it happens to characters all the time. Characters who have almost nothing to do with their namesakes (Groot comes to mind) still command premiums. 

Sorry, bit of a dumb question - I thought 'Tales Of The Jedi' was already a previous Dark Horse series - with multiple mini-series too.

What am I missing please?

On 6/7/2022 at 9:53 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Other than The Mandalorian, the shows are kinda sucking. Doubtful that it has any impact.

Remember, we ARE talking about Star Wars fans here. They're eternally optimistic, even when it makes no sense to be. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:22 AM, Cat said:

Remember, we ARE talking about Star Wars fans here. They're eternally optimistic, even when it makes no sense to be. 

Optimistic? Most of the Star Wars fans I see online nitpick the hell out of these shows. I myself have enjoyed all of the shows that have come out, even if I prefer some over others.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:30 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Optimistic? Most of the Star Wars fans I see online nitpick the hell out of these shows. I myself have enjoyed all of the shows that have come out, even if I prefer some over others.

Yes, they are eternally optimistic that the next project won't suck, then they trash it when it inevitably does. Rinse, repeat.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, Lazyboy said:

Yes, they are eternally optimistic that the next project won't suck, then they trash it when it inevitably does. Rinse, repeat.

Well, it sucks in their minds because they can't be happy with anything. Screw 'em. It's why I try to keep my interaction with the fandom to a minimum.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:50 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Well, it sucks in their minds because they can't be happy with anything. Screw 'em. It's why I try to keep my interaction with the fandom to a minimum.

Said the same thing to someone in a text a week or two ago.

There are too many people that believe that their vision of what should be done is superior to what everyone else thinks.  They nitpick and are bitter as they seemingly cannot just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

It's like if something fails to live up to their standards it not just that it wasn't good by their standards but it is almost as if someone murdered one of their loved ones or destroyed their very essence. 

On 6/7/2022 at 5:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

There are too many people that believe that their vision of what should be done is superior to what everyone else thinks.

I know I cried for days when Steve Martin, Ben Affleck, Ice Cube and Jim Carrey weren't cast for the A-Team movie.