• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market of Fun!
7 7

208 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, Robot Man said:

GI in Battle #4 Feb 1953 Farrell Pubs

Classic dead nurse cover. Full of violence, bloody content and racial slurs. One of the better issues in the run.

Solid copy with just average reading wear. Small 1" lower spine split and a couple small, light, round stains inside front cover

$125.

giinbattle1.jpeg

giinbattle2.jpeg

@gunsmokin

SOLD!

Black Magic #21 Feb 1953 Prize Pubs

Simon & Kirby. Classic cover and story!

Very lightly water rippled. Staples have very light rust. No tears or major creases. Average reading wear. Book & centerfold bound well to covers. Nice interior pages

$45.

blackmagic1.jpeg

blackmagic2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

War Stories #5 (#2) 1942 Western Pubs

Great WWII cover and violent WWII content. Origin the Whistler kind of an Unknown Soldier type character. VERY violent and racist stuff!

Both covers are neatly split and detached. Otherwise a very nice presenting copy. "looks great in a mylar" ha ha

Was $70.

Now $60.

warstories1.jpeg

warstories2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Witty Comics #2 1945 Chicago Nite Life News Pubs

The cover says it all. Love the surprised look on the kid and even the dog looks shocked! Esoteric is putting it mildly. I forgot I had this. I paid dearly for Jon Berk's copy when it came up because I have always loved this one.

Centerfold is missing and preceding 3 centerfold are very neatly detached. You really aren't missing much believe me. This one is mostly for the cover... Back cover has a couple ink pulls.  

$50. or I just hang on to it

witty1.jpeg

witty2.jpeg

Journey into Unknown Worlds #59 Aug 1957 Atlas Pubs

An awesome, very detailed and cool Bill Everett cover. One of his better post code efforts.

A lot of light wear. Spine and several light creases and wrinkles. Cover looks a little "yellowed" but still bright. Everything attached and nothing missing. 

Was $45.

Now $40.

journeyunkworlds1.jpeg

journeyunkworlds2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Wedding Bells #10 Oct 1955 Quality Pubs

9 page Bill Ward story. Sad, crying gossip cover...

Nice, bright, tight copy. Very slight tanning inside covers. No tears, creases or missing pieces. Supple interiors.

$35.

weddingbells1.jpeg

weddingbells2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 6/8/2022 at 3:46 PM, Robot Man said:

GI in Battle #4 Feb 1953 Farrell Pubs

Classic dead nurse cover. Full of violence, bloody content and racial slurs. One of the better issues in the run.

Solid copy with just average reading wear. Small 1" lower spine split and a couple small, light, round stains inside front cover

$125.

giinbattle1.jpeg

giinbattle2.jpeg

:takeit:

I think GI in Battle is darker, the background (assuming it's the same background you shot the back cover on) is a different hue of blue than the front. But - cool cover. And my wife was an ER nurse, so it goes into the 'nurse cover' collection. :headbang:

On 6/8/2022 at 7:01 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, flea Market weirdness time. This is the kind of stuff, I usually have in my booth at the monthly antique flea. New find and never been out.

Alfred E Neuman (pre-MAD) pot metal Wall Plaque

Most folks think MAD created this character but they didn't... They "borrowed" him from many different sources from way back to the turn of the century. This is an exceptionally early piece. Dated 1928. Bronze/gold painted relief with the trademark "Me Worry?" on it. The piece is 6" tall x 3-1/2" wide. Excellent condition. Rare is a very misused term but I think this qualifies. Find another one...

$75.

4alfredeneumanplaque1.jpeg

4alfredeneumanplaque2.jpeg

4alfredeneumanplaque3.jpeg

Okay this is awesome!!!!

:takeit: