• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED! Robot Man's Flea Market of Fun!
7 7

208 posts in this topic

Wings #12 Aug 1941 Friction House Pubs

Super early FH book. Has a cool "Wings of America" club ad inside. Real nice art inside. Big, fat wartime issue!

This is just a beater filler copy. Back cover is missing. Front cover is detached with a couple pieces out. Interior is nice and solid with supple paper. Centerfold well attached. 

Was $35.

Now $30. 

wings12a.jpeg

wings12b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Gunsmoke #10 Dec 1950 Youthful Pubs

Westerns might suk but not this title. Has a cool transitional horror story in the Masked Marvel. A great read for a western. This title has been on the rise for a while.

A bright, very glossy, tight copy. Has a little pencil scribbling on the cover and a tiny piece out of bottom on cover. No other tears, creases or missing pieces. Smooth, tight spine with book & centerfold tightly bound to covers.Fresh interior paper.

Was $40.

Now $35.

gunsmoke10a.jpeg

gunsmoke10b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Young Allies #19 Spring 1946 Timely Pubs

A coverless, tight, clean and solid reader copy. Comes with part of a color copy cover. My personal copy is a remainder 3/4th cover. I just made a copy so you can see what it originally looked like.

Was $75. (when was the last time you saw ANY Timely this cheap?)

Now $70.

youngallies1.jpeg

youngallies2.jpeg

youngallies3.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mysterious Adventures #22 Oct 1954 Story Pubs

Cool Hy Fleishman skeleton cover. Off the hook interior stories. Story, was one of the wildest publishers of horror books next to EC in the end of the pre-code era.

A rough but complete copy. Covers are detached from book. Split from top to top staple and from bottom to bottom staple. Spines is ragged and torn. Staples are rusty. But cover is complete with no pieces missing and the interior is nice. An affordable reader. These go crazy in grade!

$100.

mysteriousadvs1.jpeg

mysteriousadvs2.jpeg

SOLD!

Treasure Chest V4#4 Oct 19 1948

Simply classic Halloween cover! I collect these and this is one of my favorites. Look at all the stuff going on here!

A beautiful copy. Flat, clean, bright and complete. Smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold are snugly and tightly attached to covers. Slight upper spine abrasion not split or torn. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Fresh interior pages. Beautiful copy and hard to find this nice...

$70.

treasurechest1.jpeg

treasurechest2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Hollywood Diary #1 Dec 1949 Quality Pubs

Lotsa nice GGA and spicy story titles "I Sold my Soul" ect.

Spine is neatly taped top to bottom. Has a couple added staples. Cover feels wrinkled. Average wear with no missing pieces, chips or splits. Nice interior paper.

Was $35.

Now $30.

hollywooddiary1.jpeg

hollywooddiary2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 6/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, Robot Man said:

Leave it to Binky #24 Fan-Feb 1952 DC Pubs

Great cover. Full of GGA. This is a fun series!

Small edge tear and tiny back cover spine tear. Smooth, tight and flat. No other major tears, creases or missing pieces. Everything well bound and nice interior pages.

$25

binky24a.jpeg

binky24b.jpeg

Take

On 6/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, Robot Man said:

Wow, Dr. Balls comes in hard! Jumbo 81, Jungle 131 and Suspense 5 are all yours! Thanks Jason!

:headbang:

coming-in-hot-gah.gif

On 6/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, Robot Man said:

Treasure Chest V4#4 Oct 19 1948

Simply classic Halloween cover! I collect these and this is one of my favorites. Look at all the stuff going on here!

A beautiful copy. Flat, clean, bright and complete. Smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold are snugly and tightly attached to covers. Slight upper spine abrasion not split or torn. No creases, tears or missing pieces. Fresh interior pages. Beautiful copy and hard to find this nice...

$70.

treasurechest1.jpeg

treasurechest2.jpeg

Take

Thought I would just post a few this morning that I didn't get to last night...

Bobby Benson's B-Bar-B Riders #18 Jan 1953 ME Pubs

Cool, un-noted Ayers horror cover and story. Just that last attempt in cashing in on the big horror trend. Should be noted in Overstreet.

Top staple is popped & detached. Bottom is snug. Average reading wear with no creases, tears or missing pieces. Centerfold is tight and nice interior paper. 

$40.

bbarbriders1.jpeg

bbarbriders2.jpeg

Peter Panda #9 Dec 1954 / Jan 1955 DC Pubs

Awsome Robot cover. Second best PP cover just behind the "walking vegetables". A real "Esoteric" cover a la Scott Shaw!

This is the kind of thing you would probably never see on a wall (except maybe mine). Gotta dig those boxes gang...

Very nice, tight, bright copy with just minimal wear. Small name at top tight and tiny corner crease at top top right. Smooth spine with everything well bound. Off white interior pages. 

Was $45.

Now $40. (Will be a wall book at my next show!)

peterpanda1.jpeg

peterpanda2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Set of 4 1940's Porky Pig Cocktail Coasters! Where on the boards except here will you find something this weird? Last of a small find I found years ago. Un-used. Be the hit of your next cocktail party!

Was $15.

Now $10.

3porkypigcoasters.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

GI Joe #19 Feb March 1953 Ziff Davis Pubs

Joe taking it to the Commies with a Flame Thrower with much pleasure. Joe sure liked killing...

Spine is slightly rolled and a little worn. Tear at top staple. Everything well attached though. Otherwise just general wear with nice pages.

Was $45.

Now $40.

gijoe19a.jpeg

gijoe19b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Tom Mix 1930's Mail away Secret Code Wheel Decoder. Heavy paper printed card stock.2-3/4" round. Excellent condition with no tears or creases. Looks un-used. These early decoders are fun. Kids sure must have had fun with them back in simpler times!

Was $40.

Now $35.

7tommixdecoder.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Intrigue #1 (only issue) Jan 1955 Quality Pubs

One of the best Quality horror efforts. Very wild issue pushing the about to come code. I mean "Death Swamp" and "Ghost Ship"? Under rated horror book.

Small piece out of bottom right side. Some minor spine stress and edge wear. A couple light stains. Several corner creases and general wear. A solid, well bound copy with nice supple paper and nice color. 

$100.

intrigue1.jpeg

intrigue2.jpeg