• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never seen this before: CGC graded AD&D module
1 1

100 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2024 at 7:44 PM, SilverAgeGuy said:

If some grading service starts doing original D&D boxes, here's my high grade submission!  I have a serious collection of 70s+ role playing games.

image.thumb.png.4b6cd729733552f55deb1341ffff380f.png

Wow that is in amazing shape!!!

I had forgot all about Dragon Magazine!  Mine perished along with all my other D&D stuff in a tragic 700 Club fire.  While I was at school, Mom tuned in and Pat Robertson said the game contained occult material.  She promptly burned all of my D&D and TSR related stuff before I got off the bus!  Only a first edition Monster Manual evaded her.  I still have it to this day.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:16 PM, Strange Trip said:

I had forgot all about Dragon Magazine!  Mine perished along with all my other D&D stuff in a tragic 700 Club fire.  While I was at school, Mom tuned in and Pat Robertson said the game contained occult material.  She promptly burned all of my D&D and TSR related stuff before I got off the bus!  Only a first edition Monster Manual evaded her.  I still have it to this day.

There were so many great little additions from Dragon Magazine that we added to our gaming protocols. Not sure what issue it was, but as a Magic User, the concept of "cantrips" was really cool. Also took the Hit Location chart, unarmed combat tables and so much more and integrated them into our campaigns that really fleshed things out.

Only have about 20 issues left myself starting with #61.

-bc

I have a bunch of old AD&D modules and Dragon magazines, but all are well used from hours and hours of gaming sessions. None are in good enough condition for grading, and I still enjoy looking though them once in a while. I will try to snap some pics in the next few days when I get a moment to dig through the old boxes of D&D stuff. 

On 7/21/2024 at 5:58 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I have something a little more relevant to the forum, also shrinkwrapped. 

Screenshot_20240721_205741_eBay.jpg

My copy isn't shrink wrapped but it is in good condition.  I think I have a few of the modules as well.  Will have to check on that.  I would never have thought to get them graded.

Edited by Deathlok

On 7/22/2024 at 2:34 PM, Artboy99 said:

was looking at the AD&D focused auction currently on Heritage and have seen several sealed modules graded. Example is this B4.

Curious why they don't grade sealed comics if they are doing these?

AD&D module B4 graded.jpeg

Maybe they will in time.   As you know the policy to not grade sealed comics originated over 20 years ago when it was easier to ignore sealed material of any sort.   Today’s dynamics are a bit different with cgc grading sealed vhs, video games, D&D, and sealed booster packs of cards, I think.   So it’s possible they shift that position over time.     That being said there aren’t really any valuable comics that came sealed, which is what would really force their hand.

Edited by Bronty