• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just started collecting Three weeks ago
1 1

50 posts in this topic

Original poster: "Hey guys, I just started collecting....here is what I have!"

Proceeds to put my 4000+ book collection to shame within a couple pictures.

Seriously though, hot start. 10 year old me did NOT start out like that and even 33 year is lacking some of those! 

On 6/17/2022 at 10:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Good to see new collectors who don't chase the 9.8 sticker. Great taste!

Just curious what you mean by chasing the 9.8 sticker. I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what that means lolz I mean I know that's a grade but what do you mean by chase it

On 6/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, Travaran said:

Just curious what you mean by chasing the 9.8 sticker. I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what that means lolz I mean I know that's a grade but what do you mean by chase it

There are (way too many) people who only seem interested in buying a comic book if it has a sticker that says, "9.8".

You could have bought a couple of 9.8s instead of all these nice 6.5-9.2s that you chose to purchase. You chose wisely. :)

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Syntax.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:53 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

There are (way too many) people who only seem interested in buying a comic book if it has a sticker that says, "9.8".

You could have bought a couple of 9.8s instead of all these nice 6.5-9.2s that you chose to purchase. You chose wisely. :)

Ya. I noticed that the prices jump INSANELY high once you get into the last few points lol 

On 6/23/2022 at 1:55 PM, Travaran said:

Ya. I noticed that the prices jump INSANELY high once you get into the last few points lol 

Sorry, just realized that I mistook you for the OP. lol

Nothing wrong with buying 9.8s, but this is always worth considering:

• A 9.8 will usually be at least twice as expensive as a 9.6.
  • Can you even tell the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.6?
  • If you couldn't tell the difference, is the price difference even worth it?

On 6/23/2022 at 2:03 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Sorry, just realized that I mistook you for the OP. lol

Nothing wrong with buying 9.8s, but this is always worth considering:

• A 9.8 will usually be at least twice as expensive as a 9.6.
  • Can you even tell the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.6?
  • If you couldn't tell the difference, is the price difference even worth it?

What do you mean by OP? And in regards to your three rules I pretty much 100% agree. The thing is the 9.8 preys on neurotic people like me lol Ik there's pretty much no difference visually but I want those extra points so bad regardless lol But my wallet doesn't agree so that's that

On 6/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, Travaran said:

What do you mean by OP? And in regards to your three rules I pretty much 100% agree. The thing is the 9.8 preys on neurotic people like me lol Ik there's pretty much no difference visually but I want those extra points so bad regardless lol But my wallet doesn't agree so that's that

OP = Original Post/Poster

On 6/21/2022 at 10:09 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Original poster: "Hey guys, I just started collecting....here is what I have!"

Proceeds to put my 4000+ book collection to shame within a couple pictures.

Seriously though, hot start. 10 year old me did NOT start out like that and even 33 year is lacking some of those! 

Same here, lol 

OP didn't jump in the pool, he did a tripple back flip from the diving board into the pool. 

Love the books!

On 6/23/2022 at 2:10 PM, Travaran said:

Agee 100% on 9.6 vs 9.8 and also how I took am guilty of chasing 9.8s :(