• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Took a chance on this #1 for $100. Did I do alright?
4 4

25 posts in this topic

@KCode98 if you get that cleaned and pressed, I think it could be an 8.0…maybe higher.  I’d say you done did good.  Just remember, whatever you spend for cleaning, pressing, grading, etc. gets added to what you paid for the book…IMO.  So you’re already looking at $150 plus slabbed book.  Just food for thought. 🖖👍🙂

Edited by Galen130

$100 seems fair as that book is pretty popular right now with MCU speculation. (Although I remember it wasn't that long ago when it was back-issue-bin-fodder and cheap).

You also have to ask if it was a good price for you, regardless of FMV or what you could get as a return investment. I have overpaid for comics that I wanted for my permanent collection because owning them was important to me. I've also settled on lower grade copies of books for the same reason and I bought what I could find.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:42 PM, grendelbo said:

$100 seems fair as that book is pretty popular right now with MCU speculation. (Although I remember it wasn't that long ago when it was back-issue-bin-fodder and cheap).

You also have to ask if it was a good price for you, regardless of FMV or what you could get as a return investment. I have overpaid for comics that I wanted for my permanent collection because owning them was important to me. I've also settled on lower grade copies of books for the same reason and I bought what I could find.

Ah I really don't care! You guys won't see any of my comics for sale anytime soon. I grab what I grab when I grab for the "long haul". These are books I might sell in 15-20 years to buy a boat or something when I'm retired down in Florida.

Fingers crossed but hopefully by then everything has gone up even a little. Thus profit across the board even if a little. I'm a treasure hunter but I hang onto everything. :shiftyeyes:

On 6/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, Galen130 said:

@KCode98 if you get that cleaned and pressed, I think it could be an 8.0…maybe higher.  I’d say you done did good.  Just remember, whatever you spend for cleaning, pressing, grading, etc. gets added to what you paid for the book…IMO.  So you’re already looking at $150 plus slabbed book.  Just food for thought. 🖖👍🙂

:gossip: As is, it's nicer than a 7.0 :gossip:

You did great but buying a book without seeing pictures or scans is a receipt for disaster.  If they have a good return policy then it you can roll the dice but in general it's a huge red flag if they won't let you see the book.