• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Limb Art

6 posts in this topic

Once I am looking for this on a piece of comic art I can never unsee it.

It just works better the less two dimensional it can be, and that does not often come across on the uncolored work. 

Thoughts? Feelings?

It's vague but I think I know what you are talking about.

I've had pieces where I notice an anatomy issue, and often it bugs me and I eventually sell it.

A few pieces I have very strong nostalgia for (and they are higher value pieces) and I just try to not think about it.

Malvin

On 6/18/2022 at 2:17 PM, malvin said:

It's vague but I think I know what you are talking about.

I've had pieces where I notice an anatomy issue, and often it bugs me and I eventually sell it.

A few pieces I have very strong nostalgia for (and they are higher value pieces) and I just try to not think about it.

Malvin

This is rapidly about to turn into an "Unartistic Aspects of Rob Liefeld" thread... someone tell Glen B to pop a Zanax

On 6/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, Race said:

This is rapidly about to turn into an "Unartistic Aspects of Rob Liefeld" thread... someone tell Glen B to pop a Zanax

Don’t forget the “Kirby poses heroes in unrealistic limb twist” crowd who’ll be right behind the Rob Liefield can’t draw feet pitchforkers.

I don’t really want to post specific examples because it’s kind of mean right? It’s like negging someone’s art and that’s definitely not cool. But it’s just the “running” pose or somesuch and the other leg is missing lol It’s just become this thing I can’t unsee. And then I think - $15,000 for a cover with Batman’s leg missing?

On 6/19/2022 at 5:14 AM, Jesusjon said:

I don’t really want to post specific examples because it’s kind of mean right? It’s like negging someone’s art and that’s definitely not cool. But it’s just the “running” pose or somesuch and the other leg is missing lol It’s just become this thing I can’t unsee. And then I think - $15,000 for a cover with Batman’s leg missing?

You can probably get a leg commission from the artist for a few thousand.🦵

I get more annoyed at the artistic, anatomically twisted and physics-challenged poses by some artists of the characters. Like, many Sikowsky page in the old JLA books, as well as his other dramatic shots.