• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hombre Arana - spring 1978 Newspaper Comic strips
2 2

14 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, Tank the Dog said:

Just curious if anyone sees value in something like this.  The comic strips are glued together along the left side, essentially making a binding and kind of making a homemade mini comic book/strip.  You can tell it is from the spring of 1978 as some of the classified ads on the reverse have dates.

68996A55-5CC6-4DB7-9605-A9F3F96303FF.jpeg

F3CAF27F-7E70-4B46-819E-5067393D1C02.jpeg

4BFA312B-A2B8-4082-87D6-362890B9CA66.jpeg

Believe it or not I have about 500-1,000 clippings of this strip from about the mid/late 2000s to early 2010s. In the Spanish LA newspapers. Stan Lee, Romita team ups. Almost always horizontal and 3 panels. Top or bottom of the newspapers. 

Edited by littledoom

On 6/20/2022 at 9:15 PM, littledoom said:

Believe it or not I have about 500-1,000 clippings of this strip from about the mid/late 2000s to early 2010s. In the Spanish LA newspapers. Stan Lee, Romita team ups. Almost always horizontal and 3 panels. Top or bottom of the newspapers. 

Interesting! Where would you find something like that? Its commitment to accumulate :x

Some of my earliest memories are going to the coffee shop while my bio dad read the paper, and I got the funnies. He got coffee and I got hot chocolate with whip cream. Maybe I should precursor that with saying my dad was born in 1940, so this would be what he grew up doing too. I realized that as I got older, so it, looking back, was precious. 

On 6/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting! Where would you find something like that? Its commitment to accumulate :x

Some of my earliest memories are going to the coffee shop while my bio dad read the paper, and I got the funnies. He got coffee and I got hot chocolate with whip cream. Maybe I should precursor that with saying my dad was born in 1940, so this would be what he grew up doing too. I realized that as I got older, so it, looking back, was precious. 

Oh yeah and I organized them by date. The Mexican newspapers are usually free at any market or shop that supplies them. The Spidey stories are usually in the comic strip cartoon section 

On 6/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

whip cream

Why do you say it so funny?  It's WHIPPED cream.

At least he din't get Coowhip.

On 6/20/2022 at 9:24 PM, littledoom said:

Oh yeah and I organized them by date. The Mexican newspapers are usually free at any market or shop that supplies them. The Spidey stories are usually in the comic strip cartoon section 

Awesome! Thanks for reminding me of all this so close to Fathers day, which was yesterday, I'm going to call him tomorrow lol

That's awesome, I lived near a headshop as a kid, they had free "newspapers as well" lol

I'm glad yours turned out classy and productive! That's a job well done :)

On 6/20/2022 at 9:30 PM, Axe Elf said:

Why do you say it so funny?  It's WHIPPED cream.

At least he din't get Coowhip.

Is this also rhetorical? Relax man it's a chatboard not your sat's which are so long ago in my rearview mirror that I dont mind if I walk away with an accent :cheers:

I could call it coowip and not flinch (thumbsu

I apologize if sensibilities are curtailing you away from comics due to my relaxing to discuss them.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is this also rhetorical?

It just prompted a connection to the Family Guy scene:

Nothing else was meant or implied.

On 6/20/2022 at 9:37 PM, Axe Elf said:

It just prompted a connection to the Family Guy scene:

Nothing else was meant or implied.

That's with an h sound and would annoy me too, but it's not central to the conversation at hand, but I can still laugh with you  :)

No worries 

On 6/20/2022 at 9:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is this also rhetorical? Relax man it's a chatboard not your sat's which are so long ago in my rearview mirror that I dont mind if I walk away with an accent :cheers:

I could call it coowip and not flinch (thumbsu

I apologize if sensibilities are curtailing you away from comics due to my relaxing to discuss them.

I prefer kewwhip and seerip on my perncakes.