• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Avengers 9
3 3

14 posts in this topic

I've been sitting on this one since the show announcement came out. It wasn't even in my "box to grade" because I never bought it with any intent other than wanting a reasonably collectible copy of the first Wonder Man. Nostalgia is a powerful drug and I read the out of a copy of Avengers 158 as a kid and was always interested in the (green costume) version of Simon Williams. Now Disney is making me consider sending to CGC.

AV9-1.jpg

AV9-2.jpg

AV9-3.jpg

AV9-4.jpg

AV9-5.jpg

AV9-6.jpg

AV9-7.jpg

Edited by scburdet

I would love either. I'm a little wary that the rough edges will set this back, but who knows with an almost 60 year old book. I've seen some of the returns today (and had some myself) where people got a better grade than anyone predicted.

5.0 for me.

It looks like a very nice copy and I wouldn’t be surprised if it got higher than my estimate.

However the big tick by the top staple, wear to the spine, wear to top edge of front cover and tearing around the bottom staple internally are the main reasons for my grade.

People were a bit all over the map on this one. I think it comes out closer to the high end of the predictions though. I like the note "small tear breaks color". Doesn't a tear by definition break color? Love this book. Bought it graded at 4.5, so no complaints. Waiting for both UK reprints (large format) of this one to come back too for the Wonder Man trifecta.

avengers-9.jpg