• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Captain America 100
3 3

25 posts in this topic

Working my way through important books with flaws that I don't know how to weigh. I so wish I could swap this back cover with some other books that have great front covers, but flaws on the back. There's some typical edge and corner wear for a book from this era that's been handled. My overwhelming concern is the scuff(?) on the 'P'. It's small, but quite noticeable. If Stan Lee was still alive, I'd send it to him for signature and tape the window right on the box so it would get covered up. Of course, Stan would find a way to cover the art with his name anyway. There I said it. Stan Lee signature books are often ugly b/c of poorly placed signatures.

CA100-a.jpg

CA100-b.jpg

CA100-c.jpg

CA100-d.jpg

CA100-e.jpg

CA100-f.jpg

CA100-g.jpg

CA100-h.jpg

Edited by scburdet

Hmm. Between the bottom edge, the color rub, the slight tearing at the top staple and it looks like perhaps some paper loss in the top left corner? 6.5 for me.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:21 PM, ROBTOTHEC said:

bottom

depends on how much/if it's the result of the cutting process. My presser has a decent track record of maxing out the potential, so we'll see. We just couldn't find anyone to sign the book over the scuff. Everyone who worked on the book is dead, which left us with Chris Evans.