• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature
2 2

27 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 10:11 PM, Jon Thor said:

Thank you @onlyweaknesskryptonite ,  i'll send in with a note explaining my preference.   Signatures are very clear and readable.    This will be a good experiment.  I will follow up in a handful of months, as to what happened.

You are welcome and good luck!

On 6/28/2022 at 10:42 PM, Jon Thor said:

Thanks for the awesome photos.  My situation is the possibility of a blue label, and that would be ok, having a lower grade, IF the blue label would say "Signed by John Byrne on page 1".   What are the chances they would put that on a blue label rather than a generic comment "writing on page 1" ?   Your photos suggest to me it might be inconsistent?

There is a 0% chance it will say "Signed by John Byrne on Page 1" because CGC does not know it was actually signed by John Byrne unless they themselves saw John Byrne signing it. Even if it does get a blue label because the signature is on an inside page, what you are most likely going to get is "Name written in marker/pen on page 1", the best in your case would be you might get "  "John Byrne" written in marker/pen on Page 1. But will definitely never say "Signed by" unless its a CGC witnessed signature (in which case it would get yellow label)

Edited by JC25427N

On 6/28/2022 at 9:42 PM, Jon Thor said:

My situation is the possibility of a blue label, and that would be ok, having a lower grade, IF the blue label would say "Signed by John Byrne on page 1".   What are the chances they would put that on a blue label rather than a generic comment "writing on page 1" ?   Your photos suggest to me it might be inconsistent?

there is ZERO chance you will see that on your label

unless CGC witnesses the sig (which they did not in this instance) they will not recognize/authenticate who signed the book

EDIT: apologies to JC254327N, I did not see this made it to a page 2 when responding and he/she correctly said the same thing I did already right above  

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 7/22/2022 at 6:46 PM, Jon Thor said:

Interestingly, found this book where CGC say it's signed inside:  
image.thumb.png.1822148c204b0b89a7beebcb42475db4.png

I understand what you're trying to say, but the language used is distinct. It does not say that it's signed, but that text is written inside. The only time the label will indicate a signature is if CGC witnessed a signature. ✍️

Edited by KirbyTown

On 6/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, Jon Thor said:

Thank you @onlyweaknesskryptonite ,  i'll send them to CGC with a note explaining my preferences.   Signatures are very clear and readable.    This will be a good experiment.  I will follow up in a handful of months, as to what happened.

Odds are in your favor that CGC will mention artist's name on label. I sent in a comic book with sig on page 1 that I forgot was there and Artist's name ended up being mentioned on blue label.

I've had three books with old school signatures on the inside page, Eastman/Laird like the above on TMNT 2 and Avengers 4/X-Men 2 signed by Stan Lee that all came back Blue Label with Eastman and Laird/Stan Lee written in ink on inside noted like the above. I've also sent others signed by Chris Claremont inside and on cover with just "Name written" note.