• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Party Like It's 2003

156 posts in this topic

What difference would larger, clearer scans provide? It's a slabbed book, it doesn't matter.

27_laughing.gif

That was pretty much his attitude when I was wanting to bid on his books and emailed him for either larger versions of the pictures he already had, or clearer scans.

He refused to provide either...so I think he deserves every low GPA record he gets for his auctions. boo.gif

I agree with him on this. Of the books I bought from him, I just check the QP on them and that's it. I have been happy with every book so far.

That's what I was wanting to do. The QP on a book looked ok on his tiny scan, so I bid and won it. When I received it, it turned out the QP wasn't as good as I thought and was a bit crooked on the bottom. So, when I saw a few more books in his auctions that I was interested in, I emailed him with my concerns and just asked if he could, at the least, email me the larger versions of the pictures he already has. Not new scans...just the full sized versions of the ones he already has. He then gave me some line about the pictures being on another computer that he couldn't get to at the time. screwy.gif

And this doesn't even take into account the possibility that the books have SCS damage on them that is impossible to tell from his tiny, blurry scans.

And this doesn't even take into account the possibility that the books have SCS damage on them that is impossible to tell from his tiny, blurry scans.

Your points valid on the QP but these are freshly CGC'd books, so I wouldn't expect to see any slab damage.

Could it get damaged being shipped to the buye, that's another story.

Of the two that I bought, both books looked very nice and strictly graded. 893applaud-thumb.gif

What difference would larger, clearer scans provide? It's a slabbed book, it doesn't matter.

27_laughing.gif

That was pretty much his attitude when I was wanting to bid on his books and emailed him for either larger versions of the pictures he already had, or clearer scans.

He refused to provide either...so I think he deserves every low GPA record he gets for his auctions. boo.gif

I agree with him on this. Of the books I bought from him, I just check the QP on them and that's it. I have been happy with every book so far.

That's what I was wanting to do. The QP on a book looked ok on his tiny scan, so I bid and won it. When I received it, it turned out the QP wasn't as good as I thought and was a bit crooked on the bottom. So, when I saw a few more books in his auctions that I was interested in, I emailed him with my concerns and just asked if he could, at the least, email me the larger versions of the pictures he already has. Not new scans...just the full sized versions of the ones he already has. He then gave me some line about the pictures being on another computer that he couldn't get to at the time. screwy.gif

Which book are you talking about?

What if a book is damaged on its way to you from him, would you see that in the scan?

What if a book is damaged on its way to you from him, would you see that in the scan?

There's a difference on possible damage occuring in transit to the buyer, and definite damage that has already occured on a book that is not visible in his shoddy pictures.

So again, what book did you buy that you were unhappy about?

I want to see how bad the scan is for the QP that you keep mentioning.

Scan looked just like all the other books he's selling. QP wasn't horrendous, but if I had seen that it was off, I never would have bid. That, with the fact that he refuses to email full size versions of the scans he already has, means he still deserves any record low GPA prices that he gets.

I want to see how bad the scan is for the QP that you keep mentioning.

Scan looked just like all the other books he's selling. QP wasn't horrendous, but if I had seen that it was off, I never would have bid. That, with the fact that he refuses to email full size versions of the scans he already has, means he still deserves any record low GPA prices that he gets.

So then you are just complaining just to complain. Without any tangible proof of what you are talking about, then you are just crying to get attention to yourself.

Reminds me of Morron.

So then you are just complaining just to complain. Without any tangible proof of what you are talking about, then you are just crying to get attention to yourself.

Nope. Making a valid complaint based on my experiences. Why don't you show us valid proof backing up everything you've ever said in here? I'll wait. And do you always resort to petty insults if you can't make someone agree with you?

It's too bad for Don Rosa, who has consigned his entire collection to this seller.

Nonetheless, I do believe many books have reached GPA records (mostly DC horror). Not with any help from the "scans", though...

Deathlock, who pissed in your cheerios man? You got a headache or something. Wife left you? You are just a tad CRANKY!!!!!!!

He's just here to start fights. That's how he entertains himself. He's working on another strike so we may be rid of him soon. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif