• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Credit/Pressing/Sig.Events/Multiple Submissions
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have 2 questions.

(1) I understand that when one submits a book for a special signature event signing, one cannot use their annual CGC credit to pay for that signing fee.  But, would the credit still apply to the separate shipping and/or pressing costs associated with the book(s)?  Or can the credit not be applied for anything if the book is submitted for a signature series signing?

(2) Can one submit, in the same order, books for regular grading, as well as books for a special event signing?  I understand the books would have to be separated out after receipt and returned separately with multiple return shipping fees, but I'm talking about if the system can handle multiple books in the same box but for different things.  And, presumably, the CGC credit - even if it could not be applied to anything having to do with the signature series signing, would still apply to the other books in the order which weren't for that signing?

Thank you.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  We actually have just recently updated our Member credit policy so now those credits will apply to all fees (excluding any purchases from the CCG store).You can find the article on our website regarding this here: Annual $150 Premium and Elite Membership Credit Now Applies to All Services and Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com) 

You cannot combine a private signing order and a regular order on the same online order form.  You will have to create separate orders with separate packing slips.  We do recommend you send in private signing orders in their own box but if you must include regular submissions in the same box, be sure to write the artist's initials on the outside of the box so that private signing order is not delayed.  Your regular submission, however, will not be expedited like the private signing order will be.  The membership credit will apply towards all fees until it is completely used up.  Any unused credit would remain on your account to be used with another order.  If that remaining credit is not used by your membership expiration date then any remaining credit would also expire.

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Thank you for your reply.  Just to clarify, the new policy still does not apply credit to the actual signing fee for a sig. series event (i.e. the $75 or more cost of the event), but you are saying that it can apply to the shipping costs for those events, and also the CCS pressing service if that is requested.  Is that correct?

• Administrator

Hello Axelrod,

Actually the credit can now be applied to everything including private signing fees. This is only applicable for submissions that were not charged prior to this change being made. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Theres a few signing events I want to send books to and they have different locations listed on the event. For example: Willem Defoe is in  New York but Scott Campbell is in Colorado. Do they all get mailed to the same address (headquarters in Florida) with the initials of all the artists on the outside of the box or are there specific mailing addresses you need to send the comics to for each event? Thanks!

Edited by Ann BW

• Administrator
On 6/28/2022 at 6:22 PM, Ann BW said:

Theres a few signing events I want to send books to and they have different locations listed on the event. For example: Willem Defoe is in  New York but Scott Campbell is in Colorado. Do they all get mailed to the same address (headquarters in Florida) with the initials of all the artists on the outside of the box or are there specific mailing addresses you need to send the comics to for each event? Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your message.  You will send all submissions for all of the private signings to our location here in Florida and we will have them signed.  You can find the specific instructions for each signing on our website here:  Events | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Thank you!