• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spiderman 129 thanks.
2 2

16 posts in this topic

I like having a book in hand for comparison. Mine came in at 7.5 after C&P. I think your front cover starts in a better place. I would say 8.0, which a chance at an 8.5. The crease at the top of top corners of the back gives me pause though. It also looks like some wear too. I'm assuming that line down the middle is a printing defect. Maybe pressing irons those indentions out a bit? IDK. Overall, a really nice book and at the current FMV I would get it graded ASAP. There are advertised specials at CGC rn people are talking about using that could save you some $$$ on what's clearly an Express tier book.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:42 PM, flying_bison said:

I feel pretty confident with an 8.0 here.  I see that somebody else wrote 5.5.  I cannot in a million years see how that is even in the ballpark.

I’m not sure if I am seeing the picture wrong but I think there is a sizable stain in the top left back corner of the book. That makes it 6.5 for me imo. If that’s not a stain, then 7.5.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:51 PM, WilliamLunt said:

Is that a colour breaking crease that runs the entire back cover?

Good eye and observation of detail.

I'll revise my guess to a 5.5.

On 6/26/2022 at 10:10 PM, grendelbo said:

Good eye and observation of detail.

I'll revise my guess to a 5.5.

I was wondering if that was printing defect b/c it's so straight and thin. I can maybe see it in the white areas if I squint. Of course, some people noticed a stain on the back cover I still don't really see, so maybe my eyes are just not working anymore.

Thanks all for taking the time to grade my book.

Kudos to the forum members that picked up the stain on the back top left cover.

Also the forum members that saw the color breaking crease running down the back middle cover.

This book started it's life as a subscription copy.

I bought this book as a raw 4.5 thinking maybe a 5.5 at best.

Is it possible someone could give me a FMV for a copy in 5.5 for insurance. I'm thinking I'll drop this off a the next con that CGC are at and grade as is. I don't think a press will improve grade so I'd prefer not messing with it.

Thanks 👍