• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures #12 - Resubmit?
4 4

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I was just feeling out if I should bother resubmitting my book to get re-graded and saw a suggestion to get some feedback here first. This was graded at a 9.6 with notes "very light spine stress lines". I am very happy with the grade, but my issue is I did not get it pressed the first time I sent it in (this was my first submission ever and did not know about pressing). So now I'm thinking if I had gotten it pressed, if it would have fixed the "spine stress"? Would it be worth re-submitting and have it pressed to get re-graded (estimated worth almost doubles from a 9.6 to a 9.8)? The only real problem area I notice is the lower staple, but I'm not sure what else to look at. Or should I just be happy with the 9.6?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I too would agree with other to not resubmit this one. 

Both top and bottom corners on spine side as well as that bottom staple would more than likely keep this as a 9.6 max, and as other have said you run the risk of it going lower. 

A butterfly flaps it's wings in China and this book will get a 9.8.

A hedgehog breaks wind in England you'll get a 9.4.

Resubmit it 10 times and it could come back a 9.6 each time.

Keep it as it is.

Thanks for posting.

I should say "kids don't try this at home". I took my Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC 9.6 White Pages submitted it to CGC for C&P. It came back a 9.8. I pondered it for about a year, before doing it. I finally thought screw it why not you only go around once. Best of luck.

I would say send it to CCS for screening first and see what they think. Worst comes to worst they say not bumpable. From what I'm seeing and based off those notes, definitely possible it could upgrade to a 9.8 with a press. However, couldn't hurt to have a local presser check it out in person as well. Always a cra* shoot in these scenarios and have to weigh the risk vs the reward. If you got it for a super good price raw, might be worth it to take the gamble on a massive bump to 9.8. Totally understand where others are coming from to though. Ultimately, it's a great book in grade and I'd likely just hold on as is. Although would eat at me as well, knowing could have been a 9.8 haha.

Edited by LDarkseid1