• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder with pressing
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Uncle Satan, yes I would like a regrade after pressing. The slab is scuffed up, and deters from the value in my mind. It's a Thor 165 in a 9.0. 

To be more specific, I was wondering if I could just send it in it's current slab, have CGC take it out, press/grade and then obviously reslab. 

There's no such thing as a reholder with pressing. A reholder is just the book getting a new case because there's something (at least perceived to be) wrong with the old case. Obviously, it must be sent while still in the current case.

If you want to submit a book for pressing and grading, you can send a CGC-graded book in its current case. CGC will remove the book from the case and process it like any other submission.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:35 PM, JRich282 said:

To be more specific, I was wondering if I could just send it in it's current slab, have CGC take it out, press/grade and then obviously reslab. 

You would simply send it in for pressing and grading. Re-holder is only for books that will be re-holdered; No other services.