• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 19
3 3

8 posts in this topic

So, many years ago I was on a martial arts comics collecting kick (Shang-Chi, Iron Fist) and I really loved these painted magazine covers. I specifically got this one for the Iron Fist cover without realizing it is a middle-of-the-road key for the 1st White Tiger. I've heard that magazines are experiencing a longer than even typical turnaround at CGC (anyone hearing this as well?), so I'm not rushing out to submit this one. The mags in sig series are also going much slower than comics too. It seems to me like magazine-sized comics took beatings more so than comics, so very pleased with the overall shape.

Continuing the recent series of posts, there is some kind of ink thing going on around the "IRON FIST". Could be ink transfer since there's not really any black ink there to smear. Thoughts?

DHKFu19.jpg

DHKFu19-a.jpg

DHKFu19-b.jpg

DHKFu19-c.jpg

DHKFu19-d.jpg

DHKFu19-e.jpg

DHKFu19-f.jpg

DHKFu19-g.jpg

Edited by scburdet

On 6/30/2022 at 8:03 PM, grendelbo said:

Looks like ink transfer.

Thanks for posting.

Yup…came from another book it was stacked with most likely.

Pretty happy here, especially given what I paid for this book. They ID'd the dark stuff on the cover as soiling, but I think it's ink transfer. Certainly allowable at an 8.0 either way. I did miss that there's a little chip out of the bottom corner of the back cover (in the notes). I wouldn't be surprised if that cost a grade.

DeadlyHandsKungFu19.jpg