• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finger bends !!!!!!!!
4 4

25 posts in this topic

Sometimes they revert. I leave mine on the cool press overnight most of the time, but some are just stubborn. How long has it been from the time it was pressed until CGC graded it? 6 months - a year?

On 7/1/2022 at 11:52 AM, Pat Thomas said:

Sometimes they revert. I leave mine on the cool press overnight most of the time, but some are just stubborn. How long has it been from the time it was pressed until CGC graded it? 6 months - a year?

14 days

On 7/1/2022 at 10:58 AM, Floridamaxx said:

14 days

I guess it could still happen that quickly. The same book could come back with a higher grade on a different day, depending on how focused the grader is, and what their mood is. Pressed comics will revert, though.

My order that spent a year down at CCS has one book that is coming back with "waviness" listed in the notes.  It didn't go down there with waviness and if some developed while it was down there wouldn't a press have fixed that?

Edited by toro

On 7/1/2022 at 12:07 PM, toro said:

My order that spent a year down at CCS has one book that is coming back with "waviness" listed in the notes.  It didn't go down there with waviness.

Send a book to CCS & it comes back with waviness.  Awesome service :facepalm:

On 7/1/2022 at 9:07 AM, toro said:

My order that spent a year down at CCS has one book that is coming back with "waviness" listed in the notes.  It didn't go down there with waviness and if some developed while it was down there wouldn't a press have fixed that?

If a lot of humidity was used during the press it is possible that minor waviness can occur if not enough heat is used to evaporate it away.

Edited by mysterymachine

On 7/1/2022 at 12:07 PM, toro said:

I just had that installed too! I didn’t even request it! :insane: