• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATL ComicCon, 11/20 ... Who's Going?

81 posts in this topic

i posted this on another thread -- so i brought it over here too --

the show this month is the one Wes Tillander has been putting on for well over 10 years at least -- he puts on probable 4 shows a year -- Heroes and Dragons from South Carolina , Shelton Drum from Charlotte who runs heroes-con , Earl Shaw and 20 or so other dealers from all over the southeast and mid-west -- a good mix of golden age to modern -- usually draws maybe 400-500. which isnt bad for a one day .................... sign-rantpost.gif ...... and dont even mention Dragon-Con -AKA- skanks in chainmail-con ... if you need dragon figurines , swords ,costumes or wear a latex Klingon forehead and/or foreskin then it might just be the con for you -- definately not a comic convention -- they might make up maybe 15-20% of the show -- ok I`m calming down now -- .............

the url is

web page

Is there a web url for the event? Any commitments from dealers and artists?

As for artists, it doesn't seem like that kind of show to me. Craig Hamilton is the only one I know of so far, and I don't expect anymore really. I think its just going to be a bunch of southern dealers in a big circle with tables set up.

Still will give people a good chance to look for cheap deals on fillers.

Looks like i will be setting up on the 20`th -- i`ll have the set-up with tons of late silver to bronze 1`st issues along with a hodge-podge of 50`s to early 80`s material --- and just like in Nashville last month I`ll give a healthy 30% off to board members that reveal themselves--- well-- need to get to bed as my family and I are flying down to yay.gif Disneyworld yay.gif in the morning for a long overdue vacation !!! --- later--BigMike

Looks like i will be setting up on the 20`th -- i`ll have the set-up with tons of late silver to bronze 1`st issues along with a hodge-podge of 50`s to early 80`s material --- and just like in Nashville last month I`ll give a healthy 30% off to board members that reveal themselves--- well-- need to get to bed as my family and I are flying down to yay.gif Disneyworld yay.gif in the morning for a long overdue vacation !!! --- later--BigMike

What do you require to "reveal" ourselves? Just our presence and our word? I'm becoming a fan of bronze age books, especially #1's. So if I go (which I might), I'll stop by.

What's the name of your shop?

What do you require to "reveal" ourselves? Just our presence and our word? I'm becoming a fan of bronze age books, especially #1's. So if I go (which I might), I'll stop by.

What's the name of your shop?

just say hey are you Mike, I saw your post on the boards.......that should be good eneough for me and i dont have a retail location just con`s and the occasional e-bay ---- although i have been contacting a couple of realtors about space so that may change after the 1`st of the year 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll be set up there as well. Stop by and say Hey!!. Also if you want to pick up any sets email me for list. Trying to avoid as many ebay fees as possible. At the show I'll have tons of silver & bronze with either 50 cent or $1 boxes (haven't decided yet) See you at the show. Jeff (FineComics)

I'm going!
Great. Stop by and purchase all my 30/35 cent variants.

no, what you really want to do is clean out his stash of fifty cent and dollar books. plenty of bargains in there, believe you me

I'm going!
Great. Stop by and purchase all my 30/35 cent variants.

no, what you really want to do is clean out his stash of fifty cent and dollar books. plenty of bargains in there, believe you me

If I didn't know better.... I would say I detect a sarcastic remark. However I am completely comfortable knowing that my fifty cent and dollar books are super strong and smoking hot. Besides I wholesaled all the cheap stuff in Nashville, so its time for a brand new batch of cheapies.