• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATL ComicCon, 11/20 ... Who's Going?

81 posts in this topic

DragonCon does suck now. I wish they wouldn't even attempt to be a comic convention anymore.

What ever happened to the Atlanta Fantasy Fair? I went to that a couple of times back in the 80's and it was a blast.

Didn't the ATL Fantasy Fair merge with or becomer DragonCon?

DragonCon does suck now. I wish they wouldn't even attempt to be a comic convention anymore.

What ever happened to the Atlanta Fantasy Fair? I went to that a couple of times back in the 80's and it was a blast.

Didn't the ATL Fantasy Fair merge with or becomer DragonCon?

Yes kind of.

75 north to atlanta. 75 will merge with 85 while you go through downtown. Veer left to get on 85 north. Take Clairmont Road Exit. Turn left. 2nd or 3rd light will be for Century Plaza. Turn right. Marriott is at the end of that road. PM me for address or my cell phone in case you get lost.

But you must purchase hot books from me.

Well, I ran it by the wife and got shot down. mad.gif

I guess next year I should plan ahead a little bit. Thanks for the directions anyway. I don't suppose any of you southern dealers ever have any shows in Jacksonville?

Too far for me. Hey do you know a short stocky dealer named Tom? If so tell him Jeff says Hey at the next show.

Well, I ran it by the wife and got shot down. mad.gif

I guess next year I should plan ahead a little bit. Thanks for the directions anyway. I don't suppose any of you southern dealers ever have any shows in Jacksonville?

Be sure to check out this site. I know that Florida is a big state, but one of the shows listed there may be a bit more convenient.

http://www.comicbookconventions.com/conventions.htm

Good Luck.

and dont forget BigMike will be there !! sumo.gif

Big Mike are you a seller? If so, where do you usually set up (oriented from the entrance as one first walks in)?

And since I owe this guy for some great deals he made in the past - Look out for Crazy Ed from Florida. Nice selection and will work with you every time.

wink.gif

Good deals from Crazy Ed???????????????? Example please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember, your definition of "good deal(s)" varies from the average buyer...if you're not getting an Avengers 57 in F+ with a bunch of other SA stuff in exchange for a short box of $2 BA and modern, it's not a good deal

and dont forget BigMike will be there !! sumo.gif

Big Mike are you a seller? If so, where do you usually set up (oriented from the entrance as one first walks in)?

And since I owe this guy for some great deals he made in the past - Look out for Crazy Ed from Florida. Nice selection and will work with you every time.

wink.gif

Good deals from Crazy Ed???????????????? Example please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember, your definition of "good deal(s)" varies from the average buyer...if you're not getting an Avengers 57 in F+ with a bunch of other SA stuff in exchange for a short box of $2 BA and modern, it's not a good deal

True I'm a little jaded. But Crazy Ed??? Even when I was an average buyer his stuff was so overpriced................. He had a 50% off sale one time either in Charlotte or Orlando and it was still crazy. Just my opinion though.

Hey that Avengers 57 was a VF- at least dufus

i think Crazy Ed might have a deal or two in his mix. he is a "hard" seller, though, so i can see how someone would come away thinking they got themselves a deal.

i must have been thinking about the XMen 50...or one of the 'tecs.

did you and Earl go in on that mess the pastor was pimping, or didja pass?

i think Crazy Ed might have a deal or two in his mix. he is a "hard" seller, though, so i can see how someone would come away thinking they got themselves a deal.

"hard" seller is an understatement. I once heard him trying to push an x-men 98 cgc 7.5 on a kid for $70. The kid said he didn't know if he had that much left in his account (debit card I guess) Crazy Ed was like that's ok if it doesn't work for $70 I'll swipe it for $65 and see what happens. No $65 try $60. I mean what the heck is that?

I offered pastor a grand (against my better judgement) and he laughed at me. Said he paid a grand. Earl kept pushing the envelope and eventually pissed him off. I guess he had about 300+ more boxes at home? Not sure I eventually wondered off. Earl was working that angle though.

Where does this Crazy Ed normally set up at the show? I think I usually pass up his booth...

Its just recently he's been coming (last 3 maybe) Hard to believe he would make the drive from Miami for this show. Must be something else on the way? Mid-Ohio Con maybe???? Who knows... I don't know if he will even be there for sure.

Usually sets up across from me towards Wes & Bobby.

"hard" seller is an understatement. I once heard him trying to push an x-men 98 cgc 7.5 on a kid for $70. The kid said he didn't know if he had that much left in his account (debit card I guess) Crazy Ed was like that's ok if it doesn't work for $70 I'll swipe it for $65 and see what happens. No $65 try $60. I mean what the heck is that?

That's absolutely insane. Not only is that kinda sleazy - that's more than double what the book goes for.

I offered pastor a grand (against my better judgement) and he laughed at me. Said he paid a grand. Earl kept pushing the envelope and eventually pissed him off. I guess he had about 300+ more boxes at home? Not sure I eventually wondered off. Earl was working that angle though.

bad move, homie. you could have had about fifty pristine sets of Crisis on Infinite Earths on the cheap. send them off to CGC with a 9.6 prescreen and watch the money roll in

bad move, homie. you could have had about fifty pristine sets of Crisis on Infinite Earths on the cheap. send them off to CGC with a 9.6 prescreen and watch the money roll in

Those were from the 300+ box collection that he wanted 30 grand for. 30 grand needs to get you a little more than some crappy Crisis books.

Those were from the 300+ box collection that he wanted 30 grand for. 30 grand needs to get you a little more than some crappy Crisis books.

foreheadslap.gif

that's what i was talking about in the first place, the books from Michigan