• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the Juggernaut ever fought the Thing?

45 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2022 at 9:30 PM, Travaran said:

I'm sorry I didn't realize there were rules on how "awe-inspiring" my questions had to be lolz 

I wouldn't worry about the quality of your questions.  People will either answer or ignore so, you're good.  (thumbsu

But using "lolz" around here isn't going to make you any friends.  That's the sort of thing that'll make people angry.  :sumo:

On 7/8/2022 at 1:57 AM, Pat Thomas said:

How many times have we seen a new account ask a ton of questions because they are excited about the hobby and want to pick the brains of the CGC Message Board members (We're the experts on all things comics, aren't we?), then proceed to get run out of here after a week? Sarcasm and ridicule quickly push the new enthusiast away from the boards, and many never return.

I've never associated self-confidence as a common trait for comic collectors as a group. Most collectors I've known tended to be quiet, avoided eye contact with strangers, and mostly tried keeping to themselves and a small band of friends. It doesn't take many times of being mocked publicly for people like that to move on.

Well said. 

On 7/7/2022 at 5:47 PM, KCOComics said:

Normally I'm against heckling new members. I think it's generally bad for the hobby and the boards. 

But I do wonder if we are getting trolled with this one... 

really no point in responding then -unless someone's ego just needs to be drama-stroked. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:57 PM, Pat Thomas said:

How many times have we seen a new account ask a ton of questions because they are excited about the hobby and want to pick the brains of the CGC Message Board members (We're the experts on all things comics, aren't we?), then proceed to get run out of here after a week? Sarcasm and ridicule quickly push the new enthusiast away from the boards, and many never return.

I've never associated self-confidence as a common trait for comic collectors as a group. Most collectors I've known tended to be quiet, avoided eye contact with strangers, and mostly tried keeping to themselves and a small band of friends. It doesn't take many times of being mocked publicly for people like that to move on.

:golfclap:

On 7/8/2022 at 6:03 AM, KCOComics said:

I agree with you. And I shouldn't have responded. 

my apologies-I was not referring to you -I meant the Wall Of Texts response to the original post-impulse posts can seem hasty at times.:preach: 

On 7/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Sometimes a post is just a post.  I don't care what his post count is, I care that he brought a great question to the boards.  Good job Newbie!!!

I don't think Thing has ever fought Juggernaut.  I believe it is because Juggernaut is much more powerful than the Thing, almost limitless.  If Juggy is 1000, then the THing is around 700 power level.  Since Juggernaut is a somewhat mystical conjuring, he doesn't get tired either.  

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

Which Juggernaut?

AvX Vs. #3

image.png.97c87a4956d7e93258f1614aa88b32d9.png

For those who don't read moderns, Juggernaut's powers (via Cyttarok) were being transferred to Illyana but Colossus stepped in and absorbed the powers instead, becoming "The Unstoppable Colossus".

On 7/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Which Juggernaut?

AvX Vs. #3

For those who don't read moderns, Juggernaut's powers (via Cyttarok) were being transferred to Illyana but Colossus stepped in and absorbed the powers instead, becoming "The Unstoppable Colossus".

Unstoppable Colossus looks like he’s trying to squeeze the thing’s butt.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Which Juggernaut?

AvX Vs. #3

Pffffftttttt!  Imposter. 

On 7/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, topofthetotem said:

3F6E380F-5E51-4CA3-9C27-F2C074955A7A.jpeg

Okay so based on this picture they've clearly fought before in some older comic. But this doesn't include the comic title/number so Idk where to find it. And just to clarify, the colossus one looks cool but I was referring to the regular juggernaut, though the colossus version definitely looks cooler. Thanks for the help so far guys :)

On 7/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, Travaran said:

Okay so based on this picture they've clearly fought before in some older comic. But this doesn't include the comic title/number so Idk where to find it. And just to clarify, the colossus one looks cool but I was referring to the regular juggernaut, though the colossus version definitely looks cooler. Thanks for the help so far guys :)

I don’t know the issue either I just did a google search. I read secret wars II #4 but I don’t recall them fighting in that issue or series. 

On 7/8/2022 at 4:15 PM, Travaran said:

Secret Wars II #7 

On 7/8/2022 at 2:13 PM, fett said:

my apologies-I was not referring to you -I meant the Wall Of Texts response to the original post-impulse posts can seem hasty at times.:preach: 

No apologies necessary. There was no need for me to say anything. 

Truthfully, I'm very against dumping on the new guys and I try to make an honest effort to help where I can.  I just think it's better for the hobby over all to welcome new collectors and try to answer questions.  

If I have doubts about a new users intent, it adds no value to call him out.  I easily could have just not answered.