• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Superman
8 8

225 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2024 at 3:05 AM, Tri-Color Brian said:

I seem to have missed a lot of this thread.  I'll post this one now...bought off the stands...

16428248513_6e761aabb1_c.jpg

Great condition for one you yourself bought off the newsstand! (thumbsu How old were you then?

???

Batman and Robin though should be cheering for their regular partner Superman though. And Hawkman should be with the Atom and Green Lantern cheering for the Flash.

:preach:

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/30/2024 at 7:20 PM, Hepcat said:

Great condition for one you yourself bought off the newsstand! (thumbsu How old were you then?

???

Batman and Robin though should be cheering for their regular partner Superman though. And Hawkman should be with the Atom and Green Lantern cheering for the Flash.

:preach:

Thanks.  I'm your age...so...B|  And I don't know how that survived in such nice condition.  A lot of my rack bought comics did, and a lot didn't...:facepalm:

Edited by Tri-Color Brian

On 3/31/2024 at 4:33 AM, Tri-Color Brian said:

This is a very misleading cover

:sumo: More than misleading, I'm afraid.  There are more than 100 copies of #19 in the CGC census alone, so their 1966 claim was probably off by 20x or more at the time.  (tsk)

On 3/31/2024 at 4:25 AM, Tri-Color Brian said:

Here's a few more Supes I bought off the spinner rack at my drugstore that managed to stay pretty nice..

On 3/31/2024 at 4:28 AM, Tri-Color Brian said:

And a few more...

Mmmmm, oh yeah! Those are nice.

:headbang:

Edited by Hepcat