• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is an X-Men 1 CGC 3.5 a Smart Buy at $10k?
2 2

85 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, profholt82 said:

I realize the MCU stuff tends to make books go crazy, at least in the short term. But X-Men will be interesting, as it's already one of the biggest movie franchises of all time under the previous Fox banner. When a lesser known property gets the MCU treatment, it often goes crazy. But with X-Men, it's already so big that I wonder how much bigger it can really get. Obviously X stuff will be red hot when MCU stuff starts, but I wonder if it will have the same impact we've seen in other franchises. This really is uncharted territory. 

Spider-Man?!

On 7/11/2022 at 4:56 PM, COI said:

For vintage material, there's almost no value left to be extracted from the "undiscovered" or "undervalued" in a market where people are risking herniated discs by digging through boxes, in the off chance they find a first Squirrel Girl buried among random issues of Marvel Team-Up. 

The guy who painted your avatar says hello. 

They dumped all this fiat money into the economy. Ergo, more discretionary income. Collectibles skyrocketed. Money is dumped into many things, including collectibles. Then comes the inevitable. Inflation. Instability. Leads to QT.. Less money available, less spending on things we don't need. Collectibles prices slide backwards. And back. And back. We enter into a different money system, because this one is obviously no longer sustainable. Good bet collectibles may see a prolonged decrease in values. And pronounced. Now tell me why this will not happen.

Edited by Humpty-Dumpty
Forgot to capitalize.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:37 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

They dumped all this fiat money into the economy. Ergo, more discretionary income. Collectibles skyrocketed. Money is dumped into many things, including collectibles. Then comes the inevitable. Inflation. Instability. Leads to QT.. Less money available, less spending on things we don't need. Collectibles prices slide backwards. And back. And back. We enter into a different money system, because this one is obviously no longer sustainable. Good bet collectibles may see a prolonged decrease in values. And pronounced. Now tell me why this will not happen.

Tell you what - you, Rand Paul, and all the king’s horses keep your eyes open for any blue label, 5.0 or below, that is priced at pre-COVID levels.  PM me the sellers details, and I’ll buy it immediately.  Got my word on that, because I like quadrupling my money.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:11 AM, FormerReader said:

It’s down $2400 from the last sale and the 90 day. That is not good.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:34 AM, Funnybooks said:

also not good (shrug)

My comment was based on how much other books have dropped recently, and in light of the current market I didn't expect this copy of X-Men #1 to sell for more than the last copy...I also wonder if that lower right corner had anything to do with the lower price.

I'm in the market for an X-Men #1 so I'm following these results with keen interest...

On 7/12/2022 at 4:30 AM, mattn792 said:

Tell you what - you, Rand Paul, and all the king’s horses keep your eyes open for any blue label, 5.0 or below, that is priced at pre-COVID levels.  PM me the sellers details, and I’ll buy it immediately.  Got my word on that, because I like quadrupling my money.

I'll tell you what. When this goes down how I described it will, just be humble about you missing all the signs. Maybe at that time I will but all your blue labels back at half the price you paid for them. 

On 7/11/2022 at 7:25 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

^^

Indeed, because if you can't afford to keep it the odds are very high that you will lose your shirt ... and possibly pants.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

I'll tell you what. When this goes down how I described it will, just be humble about you missing all the signs. Maybe at that time I will but all your blue labels back at half the price you paid for them. 

I've already won :cheers:

On 7/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

no

the book was brought and the $10,000 cash plopped on table, but the seller got cold feet (thumbsu 

Cool Ty for update

On 7/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

I wonder if there was an audible sound from the amount of eyes that rolled in unison when reading this comment.