• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not happy with grading
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Hi Comic Book Family,

If you're not happy with the grading of a comic book, can you resubmit for a possible better grade ?   Or can you talk to a CGC manager to state your case.  I recently got a comic back and 

I was disappointed by the grade.  Thanks in advance. 

Unfortunately you can't argue the grade. The idea is that it's impartial, so what someone wants isn't considered. If you want to resubmit there are ways to try and help the grade up before you do, but it costs money and time and your comic book would have to have certain problems that the procedure could successfully address.

I'm curious of your situation...your expectations and then the results. Can you share the story and post pics from before and after?

Edited by KirbyTown

Contact Cgc directly to see what your options are

the website has customer service phone and email

On 7/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, JD112868 said:

If you're not happy with the grading of a comic book, can you resubmit for a possible better grade ?

Yes you can resubmit for a possible better grade.  You could also resubmit for a possible lower grade.  Pick your poison.

Did you try having the book pressed?  Perhaps the defects are can be pressed out.  What did the grader notes say?

That all being said, asking for the manager has some real Karen vibes unless it's a grading issue that is wildly inaccurate to the point that it was a mistake by QC.  Otherwise if you're quibbling over a 9.4 vs a 9.6 vs a 9.8, you're splitting hairs.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:02 AM, thunsicker said:

The other thing you can do is look at the grading notes to see why they gave it the grade they did.  You might have missed a flaw that they caught.

if there are any

On 7/20/2022 at 1:45 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I'm still curious to know what the OP was expecting as a grade and why. Such stories and accompanying pics are what this chat board is all about, but he/she didnt respond. I feel cheated out of a juicy tale here! 

I don't think there's much of story on this one. OP may have been unfamiliar with the third-party grading concept in general. They had an expectation that didn't materialize and they were wondering if there might be recourse. Boring, I know 🥳