• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone is trying to register a book that I own

6 posts in this topic

I received an email from CGC about the situation.

From what I understand  I have to log into registry  to decline the transfer within three days, or it just will happen.

i attempted to do so, but the website says that is ONLY A FEATURE FOR PAID MEMBERS.

So anyone can steal ownership of a book for registry, and other purposes  if I am not a paid member?

WTF?

So i can no longer post a full scan of any book  to avoid giving info about the exact number  matching up to a book?

this type situation has been posted before.

some jerk is most likely trying to inflate his registry rank without even owning any books.

my suggestion to you is create a shill registry account and register as yours (thereby requesting to have transferred to you) EVERY SINGLE book he has in his sets.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 7/10/2022 at 12:38 AM, jmg3637 said:

I received an email from CGC about the situation.

From what I understand  I have to log into registry  to decline the transfer within three days, or it just will happen.

i attempted to do so, but the website says that is ONLY A FEATURE FOR PAID MEMBERS.

So anyone can steal ownership of a book for registry, and other purposes  if I am not a paid member?

WTF?

So i can no longer post a full scan of any book  to avoid giving info about the exact number  matching up to a book?

This doesn't seem right, does it. 

If I may, @wytshus, what is the official line here? Do members have to have a paid subscription to protect their ownership status?

On 7/11/2022 at 3:21 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

If I may, @wytshus, what is the official line here? Do members have to have a paid subscription to protect their ownership status?

Not that I am aware of, the ability to reject a transfer SHOULD be available to all members, paid or not.

@jmg3637

please send the details of this transfer to:

brogiers@collectiblesgroup.com

Thanks!

On 7/11/2022 at 4:41 PM, wytshus said:

Not that I am aware of, the ability to reject a transfer SHOULD be available to all members, paid or not.

@jmg3637

please send the details of this transfer to:

brogiers@collectiblesgroup.com

Thanks!

Sooper, thanks wytshus :)