• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD...Planet Comics #56, yes the one with the test tube cover;) or the skeleton cover, or the great cover;)
2 2

17 posts in this topic

I recently upgraded my copy, so this one is for sale. 

I will ship anywhere, for exact shipping. I will only ship this priority in the U.S. for Canada, I will ship first class, but my insurance will not cover it without a signature, so if you want it covered, it will have to go priority with a signature or you have to figure out some other kind of insurance.  

Payment by check, MO or Zelle Pay for this book. If you are in Canada, I can take a check from TD, I have an account there...as long as it's drawn in U.S. funds. Payment is due within 5 days unless we have made other arrangements. First :takeit: here or in a pm wins. If I can't determine the time by a posted time, then the post in this thread wins.

Returns for any reason but you must notify me within 3 days of receipt and mail it within 7 days. Since the book is slabbed, return postage will be the buyer's responsibility.

Edited by skypinkblu

Prices seem to be all over the place, so I took the 4 I saw listed on GPA for this year, they ranged from 3.5 to 5.5, added up the last prices, divided by the total number of points, then multiplied that number by 2.5. In other words, I prorated the prices.

The number came out to $328.78. 

This copy, CGC 2.5 OW/W is priced at $325 plus exact shipping. 
Thank you:)

20220706_192249.thumb.jpg.e2b06ed5461402ad82b1e2e92cd6da49.jpg

20220706_192336.thumb.jpg.9b4b30f801dc5ed53a948b3fb69df108.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

On 7/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, Robot Man said:

Love that one Sharon! Almost tempted to buy it twice! :devil:

Shouldn’t last long…

I was almost tempted to keep it twice, Bob;) 

I have not shown it to my husband...Planet seems to be the ONLY title he is interested in...I can't imagine why;) ?

On 7/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, Robot Man said:

I knew it wouldn’t last long. Great grab Jason! 

I have a hard time resisting lower grade nice presenters. It's a weakness. lol

On 7/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm glad it sold here...and I PROMISE to mail it to you, Jason! @Dr. Balls

I have not finished reading that bizarre thread yet...so I hope it has a better ending than the beginning.

Just waiting for the refunded money check to arrive... :wishluck:

A sweet ending would be a Private Message from someone with a CoC 19 2.5 in-hand wanting to sell it. :whee:

On 7/10/2022 at 2:56 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I have a hard time resisting lower grade nice presenters. It's a weakness. lol

Well, you will be happy to know, the colors are better in person. I took the picture outside and it washed out the colors a bit. I really don't like to retouch anything it never comes out the way it looks in person to me.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Just waiting for the refunded money check to arrive... :wishluck:

A sweet ending would be a Private Message from someone with a CoC 19 2.5 in-hand wanting to sell it. :whee:

I actually had one years ago. I sold it to someone (on the boards)  who was looking for a birthday gift for a friend...for less than $100 .so I figured I didn't REALLY need it...if he did... A few months later he sold me a duplicate copy of Venus 19 that he had and that I was looking for, so I guess we evened out. I still have that Venus 19.

Who knew these books would explode? I need a wayback machine.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:49 PM, skypinkblu said:

I was almost tempted to keep it twice, Bob;) 

I have not shown it to my husband...Planet seems to be the ONLY title he is interested in...I can't imagine why;) ?

I've heard the stories are very compelling and emotionally gripping. That must be why :shiftyeyes:

On 7/10/2022 at 12:59 PM, skypinkblu said:

Well, you will be happy to know, the colors are better in person. I took the picture outside and it washed out the colors a bit. I really don't like to retouch anything it never comes out the way it looks in person to me.

I'm excited to see it in-hand. Something about those heavy-black covers. I think that's a collecting focus for some people. I think black covers that have survived 80 years without getting hammered are pretty cool.

On 7/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, skypinkblu said:

Who knew these books would explode? I need a wayback machine.

I distinctly remember passing a lot of these up 8-10 years ago because I was really into picking up SA/BA superhero stuff. I don't remember anything specific, but I do recall when VG EC books were $50 and I would tell myself "Ehhh, $50 for a beat up EC book, or a NM Ms. Marvel #1. Better go with the Ms. Marvel." :makepoint: