• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Esquire ranks the Marvel Movies
2 2

34 posts in this topic

What a strange list. Black Panther can never be number 1 for me because of the horrible CGI fight that passes for a climax. It's painful to watch. I know it's Marvel's fault, and not that of the VFX artists, who were rushed for time thanks to internal politics and indecisiveness from Marvel, but that doesn't make it any easier on the eyes. 

On 7/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, toro said:

Some I agree with, but some I thought were good are rated below ones I thought were dogs.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/g13441903/all-marvel-cinematic-universe-movies-ranked/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

good lord did they even watch the movies or just throw dice??  :facepalm:

On 7/12/2022 at 8:16 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

More like zero if they actually put Eternals on that list.. 

metaphor?

On 7/12/2022 at 7:18 PM, D2 said:

You forgot a few. 

But if I wrote my reply in massive font, would it also have the same effect?

Yes. Small fonts are a form of white supremacy. You see, small fonts mean that you can fit more on a page and quantity is a white man’s concept,thereforeracist, so we must write in as big of a font as possible to signal that we are sensitiveto the fonts who want to speak their own truth and oh man, I forgot where I was going with all this but yes, Winter Soldier is the best marvel movie.

If I had to pick the best it would be the first spider man but I dont know if thats considered a marvel movie if not then the first captain america.
I'm taking into account the effect the film had at the time it was released.  The first spider man was just a mind blower similar to the first star wars-no one had seen anything like it.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:11 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yes. Small fonts are a form of white supremacy. You see, small fonts mean that you can fit more on a page and quantity is a white man’s concept,thereforeracist, so we must write in as big of a font as possible to signal that we are sensitiveto the fonts who want to speak their own truth and oh man, I forgot where I was going with all this but yes, Winter Soldier is the best marvel movie.

God, that was loud.

Ears ringing.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, jcjames said:

:roflmao:They put Multiverse of Madness ahead of DS1. 

That's all I needed to see :roflmao:

baby-food.gif.ba239e3823c47e3823bbdb0000ead148.gif.53ef3d7f9d21da58aafaca77485b945b.gif

I fail to see the problem. Multiverse of Madness was awesome. That being said, whoever wrote this article replaced snark for real criticism. None of these films are "unwatchable" or have an "indecipherable plot".

Edited by Lord Gemini

On 7/12/2022 at 11:11 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Sorry I was on my phone and used copy paste which this site uses "match source formatting" rather than "use destination formatting".  I apologize.  I've edited it now that I'm logged on to my computer.  And I apologize if anyone thought I was accusing someone of white supremacy.  I was merely suggesting that the fact that special interest groups were why they ranked the films the way they did might not be accurate as 4 of the top 5 (and indeed 9 of the top 10) films they ranked had white male protagonists.  And I agree with you that Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie.