• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 9
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys.  Thanks in advance for PGM'ing!  This is my first post.  Acquired this book from a purchase I made a few years back.  Bummer is, as you can see it has a couple of pieces that came/tore off.  I still have them, although not sure how much that matters, since they are not attached.  Anyway, thanks again!

bottom corner.jpg

full cover.jpg

inner 1st page.jpg

lower corner.jpg

missing pieces.jpg

pieces on.jpg

smudgy back.jpg

upper corner.jpg

upper spine.jpg

Definitely interested in what the hive mind has to say about this. I have a pretty sharp Journey into Mystery 112 that's got a similar chunk out of it (I do not have the piece tho). I would guess 5.0±0.5 w/o the piece detached. My gut says no higher than 4.0 b/c of those two little pieces being separated.

On 7/13/2022 at 11:00 AM, scburdet said:

Definitely interested in what the hive mind has to say about this. I have a pretty sharp Journey into Mystery 112 that's got a similar chunk out of it (I do not have the piece tho). I would guess 5.0±0.5 w/o the piece detached. My gut says no higher than 4.0 b/c of those two little pieces being separated.

I agree with this reasoning and the 4.0.

For what it's worth, those small glassine envelopes used by stamp collectors are perfect for ensuring that chips/pieces large enough to be worth preserving don't get damaged or lost.  :foryou:

Envelope.thumb.jpg.49cb20b33c9ac3220408efea56b952d1.jpg