• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wonderful Wizard of Oz Skottie Young
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Could anyone confirm, is this a newsstand copy of Wonderful Wizard of Oz #1? I've been trying to see if this actually exist or if there are any records of it being an actual copy (CGC do not have this on their census.) Is there anyway to get in contact with CGC if they could designate this as a newsstand/variant edition since I'm thinking of sending this in.

20220615_133451.jpg

20220615_133507.jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, Arnold Manalansan said:

Could anyone confirm, is this a newsstand copy of Wonderful Wizard of Oz #1? I've been trying to see if this actually exist or if there are any records of it being an actual copy (CGC do not have this on their census.) Is there anyway to get in contact with CGC if they could designate this as a newsstand/variant edition since I'm thinking of sending this in.

20220615_133451.jpg

20220615_133507.jpg

i do believe this is a newsstand copy

not sure if they would designate it as such you may need to call them to confirm

ns_v_de_right.png

Yes, this is a newsstand issue.

No, CGC does not make any notation about newsstand for this book because both the newsstand and direct editions have the same cover art and both are priced $3.99.

Edited by valiantman

It's a newsstand for sure but there's not enough to have CGC break it out in the census.

See link below for what CGC would consider in breaking out newsstand and directs for a particular issue

E.g., Amazing Spider-Man 607, the newsstand edition has a $3.99 cover price but the direct is $2.99. CGC distinguishes between the two.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, devald said:

It's a newsstand for sure but there's not enough to have CGC break it out in the census.

See link below for what CGC would consider in breaking out newsstand and directs for a particular issue

E.g., Amazing Spider-Man 607, the newsstand edition has a $3.99 cover price but the direct is $2.99. CGC distinguishes between the two.

Thanks, this is the info I needed. Looking at the barcode I had a suspicion that it was a newsstand but I just couldn't find any sources that it actually exist.