• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marks/spots/scuffs inside of CGC slab?

4 posts in this topic

I have comic book that was CGC graded and noticed there are spots inside the slab. They look like scuff marks, smear marks or residue in the plastic, not on the book itself. Is there any kind of courtesy reholder due to a quality control issue? Is there a way to tell what these spots are? None of my other CGC graded comics have these scuff marks inside the slab. 

PSwAfacl.jpgLoQrsTNl.jpguol7Ljll.jpgOnNlKQSl.jpg

• Administrator

Hello! 

Thank you form your message. Could you please send this request to submissions@cgccomics.com so we can better assist you with this re-holder service? Also please be sure to include the Certification number of this book in your email. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 7/16/2022 at 1:34 AM, dictoresno said:

I have comic book that was CGC graded and noticed there are spots inside the slab. They look like scuff marks, smear marks or residue in the plastic, not on the book itself. Is there any kind of courtesy reholder due to a quality control issue? Is there a way to tell what these spots are? None of my other CGC graded comics have these scuff marks inside the slab. 

PSwAfacl.jpgLoQrsTNl.jpguol7Ljll.jpgOnNlKQSl.jpg

Quality control! lol.