• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting aggravated with HERITAGE's slow shipping turnaround...

24 posts in this topic

Has been a month since the auction ended.  No word except for my cancelled check.

Please consider 'as read' the usual rah-rah about the vast number of auctions they keep hyping yet seem helpless to ship in a timely manner.  Thank you for your attention.

EDIT TO ADD:  Package in-hand.  Scroll to bottom to view.

Edited by thethedew
Result!

On 7/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, thethedew said:

Has been a month since the auction ended.  No word except for my cancelled check.

Please consider 'as read' the usual rah-rah about the vast number of auctions they keep hyping yet seem helpless to ship in a timely manner.  Thank you for your attention.

Did you call anyone at HA to assist with your request about shipping?

On 7/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, thethedew said:

I mean, you could just call them you know.   I understand frustration and that but I literally dealt with this today myself.    I hadn't seen my package, it had been a long time, I called them and its now on its way.

It can probably be solved quickly with a call.

Edited by Bronty

On 7/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, Bronty said:

I mean, you could just call them you know.   I understand frustration and that but I literally dealt with this today myself.    I hadn't seen my package, it had been a long time, I called them and its now on its way.

It can probably be solved quickly with a call.

The problem is that this has become the default with HA in 2021/2022. They don't begin their end of the exchange until you call and nudge them.  

Edited by J.Sid
typo

On 7/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, Race said:

Who cancelled the check, and why?

Hey Race,
'Cancelled' is bank-speak for a properly-cashed or -deposited check.  It wasn't 'voided' which is something different.
AcA

I won a couple of items from HA this year and in both cases got prompt shipping. I paid using the eCheck feature. Since an actual check requires a couple of weeks to clear, I wonder if that has something to do with the tardy shipping? Once put aside to wait for the check to clear, perhaps they just get neglected unless someone calls to complain? I am not defending HA, shipping should be prompt as possible no matter the means of payment. Just trying to speculate why my experience is so different from others.

Checked my last HA auction on 6/22. Paid 6/24 with cc and they shipped 6/30, 5 biz days (including my payment day) later. I got it 7/2, so 10 days total. Not sure why e-check would be slower... I wonder if HA prioritizes cc payments b/c they bank the cc fee, i.e., they have a financial incentive to move those products first.

Edited by Race

I'm sure somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but Heritage should be subject to the same FTC 30 Day Rule for mail order that everyone else is?

Assuming they are, then if they are violating on a regular basis this sentence should be of some concern to them: The Rule further requires a seller to seek the buyer's consent to the delayed shipment when the seller learns that it cannot ship within the time stated or, if no time is stated, within 30 days. If the buyer does not consent, the seller must promptly refund all money paid for the unshipped merchandise.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:50 PM, thethedew said:

Result!
Nice packaging.  I may need to save it.  My garage is beginning to fill with unusual flat boxes.
So, for future reference... nudging Heritage may be required.  Good to know.

fedex.jpg

Those boxes are awesome. I ship paintings in them all the time, at least the expensive ones!  Totally worth keeping.

Just got the email from HA stating my wins from the 13th were shipped. As with last month's auction, it was exactly 5 days from my payment (via cc) on the 15th. To me, that's the expectation right now.

On a related note, I won a piece on Clink 11 days ago, and immediately paid for it. I didn’t hear anything about it being shipped, so I sent an email today. The response was they are taking 2 weeks to ship due to volume, but almost immediately afterward, was notified it was shipped. ⛑