• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #36
3 3

10 posts in this topic

2.5±0.5. IDK about the staple placement vs. detachment. Seems like the manufacturing standards were not the greatest or consistent in those days, and kids beat the books up too. Hard to parse the reasons for structural integrity.

On 7/19/2022 at 4:40 PM, scburdet said:

2.5±0.5. IDK about the staple placement vs. detachment. Seems like the manufacturing standards were not the greatest or consistent in those days, and kids beat the books up too. Hard to parse the reasons for structural integrity.

Hi, I updated this posting. The centerfold on this is actually attached. I had confused it with another FF issue i was photographing. 

On 7/19/2022 at 9:13 PM, grigoriane said:

The centerfold on this is actually attached.

Wait for a 2nd opinion, but you might only get a 0.5 bump up. As has been discussed with several issues, once you get an accumulation of other defects a detachment doesn't detract as much.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:27 PM, Engr62 said:

I would say 2.5.  This is one of my grail books.  Although I'm starting to face the reality that I'll never get one in 7.5 or above.

I'd be happy with a decent 6.0 or better! 

2.5/3.0   ..maybe you could clean that back for 0.5 bump