• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Medium Length Comic Book Boxes
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Very ingenious.

It looks like you saved even more money by putting them in gallon sized zip lock bags with file folders for backing boards.

HEY.......WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE ! ! !

On 7/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, Domo Arigato said:

It looks like you saved even more money by putting them in gallon sized zip lock bags with file folders for backing boards.

* spit take *

On 7/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, StudebakerHawk said:

Who needs to spend money on those pricey comic book boxes when you can make your own!  All you need is access to old Oreo boxes!

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

A little duct tape and its set to be shipped via media mail.

:roflmao:on the replies!

On 7/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, rjpb said:

You forgot the handles.

Oh damn! You're right, I'm going to have to figure something out and make a new and improved box. I think just cutting them into the sides might not be best for the structural integrity...

On 7/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, ttfitz said:

Most of my collection is in banker boxes:

image.thumb.png.781348a813348d2b73459978c4bd355f.png

They are much cheaper than comic boxes when bought in bulk, and are the perfect size for two rows of comics:

image.thumb.png.0ebb6778d7c260bd6b3b9f328e0e0084.png

Yeah, did they start making comic boxes out of vibranium? I hadn’t bought one for about 10 years and the price has - like - tripled. Gotta love inflation.

Edited by Dr. Balls

Umm for those make shift comic boxes are they acid free? Won’t the acid from the boxes leak into the comics? 

On 7/23/2022 at 9:22 PM, Krismusic said:

Umm for those make shift comic boxes are they acid free? Won’t the acid from the boxes leak into the comics? 

They are not acid free - nor are most standard comic boxes. As for leaking into the comics, first they have to get thru the (for most people who can't put everything in mylar) non-acid free comic bags, and likely non-acid free backing boards.

At which point it would hit the non-acid free comic books themselves.