• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Isom#1 Rippaverse
1 1

202 posts in this topic

I haven't heard of any of these people,seen the comic or it's ads,so I have no idea what y'all are arguing about.

So far STFU is winning.

As you were, unless anyone wants to explain to a foreigner what's got you all riled up (shrug)

On 9/9/2022 at 3:39 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Oh, I knew what he was referring to.  I also knew that you had said an average of $84 per customer had been spent, and that Namor's comment about $84 per issue meant he doesn't really even know what he's talking about.  He's obviously just running on his own bias and lashing out at anything he "perceives" to be something he doesn't like.

I'm not going to speak for Namor, but from what I can tell with my interactions and reading his posts - that guy does know what he's talking about when it comes to comics, and I don't believe his observations are anything other than his opinions on what he thinks works or doesn't work about Isom. We're always talking about things we love and things we hate here on the boards - this thread doesn't strike me as more nefarious as any other thread.

And I'm sorry if you feel like you're getting dogpiled in the thread. I'm not out to add to that. I just think for whatever reason you are reading that the posters here are thinly-veiling their racist beliefs. I disagree with that. I've skimmed the thread again. I see people that are excited about the book, the art, whatever along with people that are skeptical about the guy's experience and the numbers (count me among them). I've even provided reasoning to that skepticism. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:54 PM, Beige said:

I haven't heard of any of these people,seen the comic or it's ads,so I have no idea what y'all are arguing about.

So far STFU is winning.

As you were, unless anyone wants to explain to a foreigner what's got you all riled up (shrug)

It's actually a pretty quick read if you start at the beginning. I did a recap a page or two ago because I was losing track over who-was-mad-about-what and had to do a little more research. Good reading for a Friday thread, IMHO.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:57 AM, Dr. Balls said:

It's actually a pretty quick read if you start at the beginning. I did a recap a page or two ago because I was losing track over who-was-mad-about-what and had to do a little more research. Good reading for a Friday thread, IMHO.

Nah - I got in at 5am.

I'm having trouble making coffee,let alone deciding who is or isn't a racist /  mysoginist / Thai pole-dancing adult club ex-owner (not that there's anything wrong with that -  me and the wifey are off to Phuket soon,so will be seeing plenty of beer bar girls and bubble massage joints  :fear: )

I'll have a go tomorrow. Maybe. I really need to go to bed. Or go back out again. Both are good options.:peace:

On 9/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm not going to speak for Namor, but from what I can tell with my interactions and reading his posts - that guy does know what he's talking about when it comes to comics, and I don't believe his observations are anything other than his opinions on what he thinks works or doesn't work about Isom. We're always talking about things we love and things we hate here on the boards - this thread doesn't strike me as more nefarious as any other thread.

And I'm sorry if you feel like you're getting dogpiled in the thread. I'm not out to add to that. I just think for whatever reason you are reading that the posters here are thinly-veiling their racist beliefs. I disagree with that. I've skimmed the thread again. I see people that are excited about the book, the art, whatever along with people that are skeptical about the guy's experience and the numbers (count me among them). I've even provided reasoning to that skepticism. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

We'll just have to agree to disagree......because his own statement clearly indicates he doesn't know what he's talking about.  He's just going off of blind hatred.  

And no worries.  I don't feel like I'm getting dogpiled at all.  My posts about racism are based in just as many facts as those pointing out the bigotry, hatred, discrimination, and fabricated numbers regarding the supporters of this book.  Perhaps some of those "labelers" should look within.

Plus, I just like seeing this thread bumped to the top.  That means more people that might be interested in this book will see it and buy it.  And those that are just interested in buying for the controversy of it all might get it as well.  Then the Rippaverse has a bigger chance of success, and I can feed on more tears from the outraged.  

On 9/9/2022 at 5:07 PM, Beige said:

Nah - I got in at 5am.

I'm having trouble making coffee,let alone deciding who is or isn't a racist /  mysoginist / Thai pole-dancing adult club ex-owner (not that there's anything wrong with that -  me and the wifey are off to Phuket soon,so will be seeing plenty of beer bar girls and bubble massage joints  :fear: )

I'll have a go tomorrow. Maybe. I really need to go to bed. Or go back out again. Both are good options.:peace:

I believe that we are going to require some photos from your vacation, specifically those with beers, bars and bubbles involved, please.

On 9/9/2022 at 5:09 PM, Domo Arigato said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree......because his own statement clearly indicates he doesn't know what he's talking about.  He's just going off of blind hatred.  

And no worries.  I don't feel like I'm getting dogpiled at all.  My posts about racism are based in just as many facts as those pointing out the bigotry, hatred, discrimination, and fabricated numbers regarding the supporters of this book.  Perhaps some of those "labelers" should look within.

Plus, I just like seeing this thread bumped to the top.  That means more people that might be interested in this book will see it and buy it.  And those that are just interested in buying for the controversy of it all might get it as well.  Then the Rippaverse has a bigger chance of success, and I can feed on more tears from the outraged.  

(thumbsu

6FDBBAF4-CF1D-4BBB-BCFF-6953C4C15F34.gif.f4201bdf56fe365b7f24b59d8b74676f.gif

On 9/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Can you buy me a copy?  Birthday is around the corner...:shy:

On 9/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I believe that we are going to require some photos from your vacation, specifically those with beers, bars and bubbles involved, please.

Here's your typical Bar Girl Group

Thai bar girl commandments - Part two

As for the bubble house,no way would pics stay on here!

We do want to pop in for a peek (which is allowed) - just to see if what they say is true.You can blame wifey for that idea!

On 9/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, Beige said:

Here's your typical Bar Girl Group

Thai bar girl commandments - Part two

As for the bubble house,no way would pics stay on here!

We do want to pop in for a peek (which is allowed) - just to see if what they say is true.You can blame wifey for that idea!

Two things:

1. YES!

2. I’m going to have to research what a “bubble house” is.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:12 PM, Dr. Balls said:

(thumbsu

6FDBBAF4-CF1D-4BBB-BCFF-6953C4C15F34.gif.f4201bdf56fe365b7f24b59d8b74676f.gif

And just to be clear.....I don't take your questioning about the $84 spent per customer as anything negative.  It's a valid observation. 

However, I think you have to look at his campaign in its entirety.  He's offering different covers for his first issue....hats....poster.....shirts.....trading cards......many with alternate images available.....and bundles.  Many of these options meet or far exceed that $84 total.  He's offered.$290.....$350......$425......and even $5,000 bundles.  All which have sold out.  You know how collectors are with different covers and associated merchandise.  Do you REALLY think this $84 average is such a stretch?  Because it doesn't even cause a blip on my radar. 

On 9/9/2022 at 5:21 PM, Domo Arigato said:

And just to be clear.....I don't take your questioning about the $84 spent per customer as anything negative.  It's a valid observation. 

However, I think you have to look at his campaign in its entirety.  He's offering different covers for his first issue....hats....poster.....shirts.....trading cards......many with alternate images available.....and bundles.  Many of these options meet or far exceed that $84 total.  He's offered.$290.....$350......$425......and even $5,000 bundles.  All which have sold out.  You know how collectors are with different covers and associated merchandise.  Do you REALLY think this $84 average is such a stretch?  Because it doesn't even cause a blip on my radar. 

Very true. The bundles could be spiking it, for sure. I mean, we’ll probably never know either way - and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m not going to open the books of my business just to prove something to someone, I wouldn’t expect him to do it, either.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:13 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Can you buy me a copy?  Birthday is around the corner...:shy:

When I can pick up copies for less than they are going for in his campaign, I am going to buy one copy in the name of each person in here that indicated they were against it.  You haven't done that, but I will buy an additional copy in your honor as well.  Unfortunately, I'm going to put them all into my own collections, so I can pull them out and smile as I remember all of the panty twisting, teeth gnashing and screeching they caused from people that were free to simply not buy them. :cloud9:

On 9/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, Domo Arigato said:

When I can pick up copies for less than they are going for in his campaign, I am going to buy one copy in the name of each person in here that indicated they were against it.  You haven't done that, but I will buy an additional copy in your honor as well.  Unfortunately, I'm going to put them all into my own collections, so I can pull them out and smile as I remember all of the panty twisting, teeth gnashing and screeching they caused from people that were free to simply not buy them. :cloud9:

Bar girls, bubble houses and panty twisting - now THAT’S a Friday thread!