• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY directed by the Russo brothers (2026)
11 11

472 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

That was fast. Marvel/ Disney didn`t mess around.  I knew there would be repercussions, but didn`t think they would fire him from that role that fast. 

I suspect the decision was made months ago, but was not announced until the guilty verdict.  This was almost too quick.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, drotto said:
On 12/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

That was fast. Marvel/ Disney didn`t mess around.  I knew there would be repercussions, but didn`t think they would fire him from that role that fast. 

I suspect the decision was made months ago, but was not announced until the guilty verdict.  This was almost too quick.

This may have been a blessing in disguise as from what I've been reading, Kang wasn't a very convincing villain. 

It'll be interesting to see what comes next...but maybe this speeds up Doom's timeline?

That's a villain who even in comic books has managed to transcend just earth in his conquests. It certainly opens huge doors, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were fleshing out details since the 1st news of this assault charge. 

If you need to turn around one of the world's largest ships because there's an iceberg ahead, you start early. 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, drotto said:

Has Johney Depp really come back?

Johnny Depp doesn't GAF. 

He even said so. He openly stated he has NO USE for them and that while everyone else is willing to follow the person in front of them, he'll be somewhere else on the other side of it. 

He made a quarter of a Billion in 5 Disney movies alone. 

He's been the biggest star in the world, he's dated the most popular women in the world, he plays in a world famous rock band with some of the world's most famous rock stars, he owns an island, he owns almost an entire block in Hollywood. 

What more does Depp need?

I think he just wants to live his life in peace and do his thing and never be touched by something like this again. I feel like that at my age (which is not far from his) I'd want the same things and I haven't had half the troubles he's had. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/18/2023 at 8:50 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Did I miss something? What band?

He plays guitar with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry in Hollywood Vampires. He's been in that band for years. 

On 12/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, alexgross.com said:

picture this: AVENGERS 5: THE RETURN OF THANOS!!!! 

i know, i know. but it's the last marvel villain that i found compelling in a big way. i miss infinity war and endgame even more now. 

Turns out it was a clone all along, just like Palpatine.  Get Abrams on the phone!!

On 12/18/2023 at 8:52 PM, VintageComics said:

He plays guitar with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry in Hollywood Vampires. He's been in that band for years. 

Ah, okay. I wouldn't call that "world famous" (like, say, Aerosmith) but those two have the cred. :smile:

On 12/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, 1Cool said:

I don’t think the “minor” offenses will haunt him forever.  He obviously wont be working for Marvel any longer but he is young and I’m sure we will see him in stuff in the future.

I think it's possible.  He's a genuine talent.  But it will probably require some self-reflection and commitment to change that he hasn't shown he's willing to do yet.  

If he sticks with "I'm the victim here.  I didn't do anything wrong, she's just a liar and the world is out to get me," then he probably won't be working for a while.  

On 12/19/2023 at 11:15 AM, Axelrod said:

I think it's possible.  He's a genuine talent.  But it will probably require some self-reflection and commitment to change that he hasn't shown he's willing to do yet.  

If he sticks with "I'm the victim here.  I didn't do anything wrong, she's just a liar and the world is out to get me," then he probably won't be working for a while.  

The narcissistic attitude he shows in the audio clip where he calls himself a great man that is doing great things for his community, is nauseating. This is almost more damaging than the actual verdict.

On 12/20/2023 at 8:10 AM, drotto said:

The narcissistic attitude he shows in the audio clip where he calls himself a great man that is doing great things for his community, is nauseating. This is almost more damaging than the actual verdict.

All of them parrot the Hollywood diatribe these days.    

I've not heard a word out of any of them that I felt was their own for years now.    

On 1/28/2024 at 7:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

Being recast only to wrap up the storyline as quick as possible and move on.  I believe the original plan was to utilize Kang a bit more, so they had written themselves into a corner, and this was they only way out apparently. Now they are going to defeat him (again), and be done with it. They really screwed up Kang and the multiverse, but likely felt they needed it to incorporate the FOX properties.

Edited by drotto