• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: DOOMSDAY directed by the Russo brothers (2026)
11 11

472 posts in this topic

Other text messages, these sent from Majors to Jabbari, reveal that Majors threatened to commit suicide if she went to the hospital: “Last night I considered killing myself versus coming home,” Majors wrote: “I need love too. Or maybe I’m such a monster and horrible man, I don’t deserve it. And I should just kill myself. In this way, my existence is miserable, I want to die.”

Jabbari responds with the following: “I will not go to the doctor if you don’t feel safe with me doing so, or don’t trust me to. I promise you I would never mention you but understand your fear.”

Majors’ response: “I will probably kill myself, it’s not really contemplating anymore.” He added: “I’m a monster, a horrible man, not capable of love. I’m killing myself soon.”

“Jonathan, you can’t say this I’m going to have to tell someone,” Jabbari responded.

So if she went to the hospital to get treated for the headaches she was experiencing from supposed being hit Majors threatened to commit suicide?

No, this is not Heard vs. Depp.

On 12/11/2023 at 3:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

So if she went to the hospital to get treated for the headaches she was experiencing from supposed being hit Majors threatened to commit suicide?

No, this is not Heard vs. Depp.

Nobody said it was Heard vs. Depp, but thankfully INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY is not based on H vs D either. 

It's pretty sad that this movie forum has become the gossip forum and in some ways no better than the casher racks full of gossip rags and it's worse that people care so much about the gossip. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, VintageComics said:

Nobody said it was Heard vs. Depp, but thankfully INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY is not based on H vs D either. 

It's pretty sad that this movie forum has become the gossip forum and in some ways no better than the casher racks full of gossip rags and it's worse that people care so much about the gossip. 

Man, don't go down that path with this fellow.

On 12/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, VintageComics said:

Not true at all. 

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and let's not start abridging that. 

Johnny Depp is the perfect example. He got blacklisted over the Amber Heard trial while he was innocent and she was a nut. 

Would YOU like to be presumed guilty until proven innocent?

He'll argue you into circles.

:baiting:

:nyah:

More of your thinly veiled insults at posters in this forum but then at the same time you go and cry to admin that you’re being attacked and want Mike to crack down on “contentious posts”. 

If this forum is so bad then why come in here? 
(that was a rhetorical question, I am not at all interested in your answer to that fyi)  

On 12/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, bentbryan said:

More of your thinly veiled insults at posters in this forum but then at the same time you go and cry to admin that you’re being attacked and want Mike to crack down on “contentious posts”. 

If this forum is so bad then why come in here? 
(that was a rhetorical question, I am not at all interested in your answer to that fyi)  

It's not thinly veiled at all. lol

It's an outright statement that if people prefer to discuss gossip about celebrities to more a constructive discussion, I consider that a pathetic and fruitless endeavor. 

And if you approve of the "guilty until proven innocent" concept, then that speaks more about you than anyone else. 

All you do is troll my posts. Not sure why, but keep on keeping on. 

On 12/11/2023 at 6:44 PM, VintageComics said:

It's an outright statement that if people prefer to discuss gossip about celebrities to more a constructive discussion, I consider that a pathetic and fruitless endeavor. 

...but how is the content of the text messages that were released "gossip?" That's a factual thing, and if someone wants to call Majors a scumbag in this forum after reading those then they certainly can. It's part of the discussion of this movie as it's part of the process that could oust him as Kang and change the plotted course of upcoming Marvel movies. I wouldn't call that stuff "gossip." 

On 12/12/2023 at 10:29 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

...but how is the content of the text messages that were released "gossip?" That's a factual thing, and if someone wants to call Majors a scumbag in this forum after reading those then they certainly can. It's part of the discussion of this movie as it's part of the process that could oust him as Kang and change the plotted course of upcoming Marvel movies. I wouldn't call that stuff "gossip." 

We are deliberating the new evidence just as the jury is. 😉 

On 12/12/2023 at 10:29 AM, Chip Cataldo said:
On 12/11/2023 at 6:44 PM, VintageComics said:

It may be factual, but my statement goes towards the desire to discuss the personal lives of people with such relish. It's something I've always disliked. The media can destroy the lives of innocent people when this gossip happens - again, Depp vs Heard - the general audience was initially split and Depp was a marked man, portrayed as an allegedly abusive partner until the trail vindicated him.

The allegations were so bad Hollywood dropped him before he was found to be innocent. This isn't concerning for anyone?

That innocent people face consequences for things they didn't even do? Have we gone insane?

Would you like people talking about your personal life and judging you that way openly on the internet?

It's the drive for people's need to judge before a fair trial and the insatiable need to know all the gory details before the trial that is the problem and it's all a psychological, social programming by social media, which drives people to crack-like addiction. 

It's just not good for society, and it's not good for the individual people who like a crack addiction need that stimulation and I can't even believe there is a contingent of people defending this abhorrent behavior. ???

20 years ago, pre social media we used to mock papers like the National Enquirer that promoted this stuff. Now we love it and gobble it up. The word pathetic is apt. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/12/2023 at 12:54 PM, VintageComics said:

Would you like people talking about your personal life and judging you that way openly on the internet?

It's happened right here, and back then it bothered me regardless if all the facts were presented or not.

Nowadays I couldn't care less who talks about me, where or what they talk about. I worry about myself, my family and my friends.

I realized I should shut out the noise and worry about what I can control, which is how I live my life and how I treat people.

So when I read those texts and call Majors a scumbag it's because I think that at the time of the post. I don't expect him to care at all even if he were to read it. He shouldn't.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:19 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It's happened right here, and back then it bothered me regardless if all the facts were presented or not.

Nowadays I couldn't care less who talks about me, where or what they talk about. I worry about myself, my family and my friends.

I realized I should shut out the noise and worry about what I can control, which is how I live my life and how I treat people.

So when I read those texts and call Majors a scumbag it's because I think that at the time of the post. I don't expect him to care at all even if he were to read it. He shouldn't.

That's a great attitude to have now, and I have the same attitude but it still doesn't excuse poor behavior.

Gossip is poor, inexcusable, historically poor behavior and always will remain so, regardless of how society twists it. 

On 12/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, VintageComics said:

That's a great attitude to have now, and I have the same attitude but it still doesn't excuse poor behavior.

Gossip is poor, inexcusable, historically poor behavior and always will remain so, regardless of how society twists it. 

I don't understand how you're conflating expressing an opinion based on something that you read into gossiping about someone. This isn't someone you know who works in your office, this is someone playing a character in a major motion picture that this thread topic subject is about. What if you're saying the same thing about Bill Cosby instead of Jonathon Majors? Then it's okay?

On 12/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, VintageComics said:

What gossip? This is reporting of the evidence presented.

I do agree, it is sad that people enjoy gossip so much. 

On that point alone, I think Jonathan Majors should be outright replaced because of the gossip surrounding him. As a respect to the art form and professionalism, he should step down while he sorts this thing out. 

He won’t though.

And that’s what gets me. I understand the need to fight for your integrity, and maybe stepping down would seem like admitting defeat? 

We can all agree though, that his drama will now, forever encircle the movies he is in, including the MCU. 

Rather than replacing him, resulting in him being a footnote comment when people watch these things 10 years from now, letting him disappear into the sands of time. He is going to be front and centre and potentially bury this whole franchise, permanently.