• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic-Con: Any interesting transactions this year?
1 1

66 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, J.Sid said:

Saturday is now over, and I've heard next to nothing. Anyone have any stories to share?

I came close.... but the seller didn’t want to take a $2,000 haircut. And I just didn’t want to give in. Very disappointed. 
I did list 70-80 comics with an auction house not HA and submitted 1 MTG-OA item to HA September Signature Auction # 7289.

Edited by grapeape

On 7/24/2022 at 4:01 PM, ExNihilo said:

Didn't he eventually backtrack on that tweet?

Yep,  he ran back to Albert as fast as his feet carried him. Lucky it was purchased from Albert as there were at least 4 Art Dealers present at the 2021 NYCC who would not have issued a refund - plus some bro's who would have insisted (LIED) it was a 1985  "alternate variant cover" or some such hogwash rather than a 2016 commission.

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/24/2022 at 8:30 AM, Bill C said:

I havent seen many reports online about art at the show- any pictures posted to CAF or facebook anyone knows about? (I've seen the pics Marcus posted on CAF)

Bill I posted some pics on the HA thread  and C-Link SDCC thread.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:25 AM, hmendryk said:

I think it is the best of the Foxhole covers. So a big congrats!

Artistically speaking I agree, but I think #4 is the most visually striking. Does the art for that cover exist?

On 7/26/2022 at 10:12 AM, pemart1966 said:

Not the first time that line's been said. lol

In all fairness to Mr. Moy, I thought the price reasonable enough to pay it. And I certainly wouldn't sell it for that now. He has some wonderful stuff.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, hmendryk said:

I don't know if the OA for the cover of Foxhole #4 still exists. I am not as enthusiastic as you. I feel much of the appeal is due to the coloring of the published cover, which of course would be lacking in the OA. I much prefer the unused #4 cover, the first Foxhole cover submitted to the Comic Code. It was rejected and hence the published version. Of course my preference may be biased, it is hanging on my living room wall.

Foxhole4alt.jpg

I agree this is better than the published cover.

My favorite Foxhole cover:

270451.jpg