• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

A CGC 9.8 of that book is guaranteed to hit over $1K on an open auction, so why would anyone send you the book? For $1500, I could see it...
You are such a hypocritical insufficiently_thoughtful_person. You rag on and on about this "silly Joe book" but yet even YOU claim it will fetch more than a grand on the open market. Sounds like chicken little might be a bit premature in spelling the end of CGC and all of comicdom. Im sure youre very familiar with the term "premature" anyways. thumbsup2.gif

so its okay for a man to do this and not a woman.

Hardly, but I'm a married man who just put the kids to bed. If I were single, it would be a cold day in heII before you'd see me in here on a Saturday night.

You are such a hypocritical insufficiently_thoughtful_person. You rag on and on about this "silly Joe book" but yet even YOU claim it will fetch more than a grand on the open market.

No, I was just slamming you for bait-and-switch low-balling for a CGC 9.8 copy. Or did you miss that?

I THINK I GOT IT! I got a copy from a local collector who stored his books after buying them CORRECTLY and there are a bunch of 9.6s and 9.8s in his Joe section. The 21 is GORGEOUS. Both my boyfriend and I graded it a 9.8 and we are very good graders. Weve sent in a ton of books and weve never gotten a graded book back lower than what we graded it. We tossed the scanner due to buying expensive digital camera equipment so I cant post it up to the boards. headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Our journey for a 9.8 worthy copy of GI Joe #21 has come to an end. We are very delighted to have FINALLY graded one that high. Im near 100% sure this book would garnish the treasured 9.8 grade, but like I said in an earlier post, were not going to send it to CGC because were happy with it the way it is. Im still looking for a bunch of other raw or graded 9.8-9.6 Joes #2-#30. If you have any of these PLEASE PM me. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Its not sad to see a 4 year journey end because it so friggin hard to find this issue! Its time to move on. Im sure a lot of you will be pleased to hear the voices of GI JOE #21 end once and for all.....from us anyway. wink.gif

It's nice to hear that: 1. you crack them out (which implies you care about the book, not the label) and 2. you aren't going to resell them. The high grade game is rife with flippers, investors and speculators. Always good to see that future dollar signs don't interest every person buying big labels. Amen brotha'