• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bounty on GI JOE #21 in 9.8 condition

351 posts in this topic

Just checking back looking for pictures - you have expensive digital camera equipment right? Why have you not posted any yet?

And to show the people who claim you are not who you say you are, how about holding the book in a couple of the longer shots?

confused-smiley-013.gif

You would think someone from ENGLAND would have a better grasp of the ENGLISH language. Bye bye now.

Just checking back looking for pictures - you have expensive digital camera equipment right? Why have you not posted any yet?

And to show the people who claim you are not who you say you are, how about holding the book in a couple of the longer shots?

confused-smiley-013.gif

You would think someone from ENGLAND would have a better grasp of the ENGLISH language. Bye bye now.

Where in his post did he err so egregiously that you decided to call him on it? His post is at least as lucid as any of your posts.

confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Our journey for a 9.8 worthy copy of GI Joe #21 has come to an end. We are very delighted to have FINALLY graded one that high. Im near 100% sure this book would garnish the treasured 9.8 grade, but like I said in an earlier post, were not going to send it to CGC because were happy with it the way it is. Im still looking for a bunch of other raw or graded 9.8-9.6 Joes #2-#30. If you have any of these PLEASE PM me. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Its not sad to see a 4 year journey end because it so friggin hard to find this issue! Its time to move on. Im sure a lot of you will be pleased to hear the voices of GI JOE #21 end once and for all.....from us anyway. wink.gif

You'll have that book at CGC the minute CGC grades one at 9.8. Otherwise you'll never know, no matter how you much you believe in your own grading ability, if your copy is as good as the graded 9.8.

Why not just avoid the inevitable and send it in?

Actually, even if he does send it in to CGC, he still wouldn't know for sure since CGC itself is not completely consistent when it comes to grading. This is clearly evident with all the resubmits we see coming back with different grades, even though supposedly nothing was done to the book in between.

So, even if CGC grades the book as a 9.6, it's still quite possible that it might actually be as good or possibly even nicer than your hypothectical CGC 9.8 copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Our journey for a 9.8 worthy copy of GI Joe #21 has come to an end. We are very delighted to have FINALLY graded one that high. Im near 100% sure this book would garnish the treasured 9.8 grade, but like I said in an earlier post, were not going to send it to CGC because were happy with it the way it is. Im still looking for a bunch of other raw or graded 9.8-9.6 Joes #2-#30. If you have any of these PLEASE PM me. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Its not sad to see a 4 year journey end because it so friggin hard to find this issue! Its time to move on. Im sure a lot of you will be pleased to hear the voices of GI JOE #21 end once and for all.....from us anyway. wink.gif

You'll have that book at CGC the minute CGC grades one at 9.8. Otherwise you'll never know, no matter how you much you believe in your own grading ability, if your copy is as good as the graded 9.8.

Why not just avoid the inevitable and send it in?

Actually, even if he does send it in to CGC, he still wouldn't know for sure since CGC itself is not completely consistent when it comes to grading. This is clearly evident with all the resubmits we see coming back with different grades, even though supposedly nothing was done to the book in between.

So, even if CGC grades the book as a 9.6, it's still quite possible that it might actually be as good or possibly even nicer than your hypothectical CGC 9.8 copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

True, theres always a chance of it getting a 9.6. I think its a 9.8 based on what weve bought before and what weve sent out. My boyfriend is a better grader than I am and he says its a borderline 9.6/9.8. Perhaps its better NOT to know and im keeping it anyways so its no biggie. He wants it graded but I like my books raw over graded. I crack them out of their holders even if I buy 9.8s. Im just a collector, thats all.

So when there might be a danger of someone finding a perfect copy of this lame book you coincidentally come across a set of books that has this lame issue in 'close enough' condition that the fantastic-superduper-hunkydory-thrillpacked search is over. No details of who sold them to you. No details of the pricetag.

No images, because your scanner conveiniently broke.

You are a cyber poster who is here all the time yet can't get a working scanner or camera. yeahok.gif

Sounds fishy to me. But I'll go have a nice steak in honor of your grail being found.

Chuck

Okay, I am going to give this recommendation. Understand, I am not a slime ball but you could buy an HP 1410 (combo scanner/printer/fax, which is about $80) from Wal-Mart. Get your scans. And return said printer for refund. This is referred as a "Wal-Mart Rental". Image hosting is free on some sites. I use www.picshome.com. Or you can attach a 200 K image in the post. That's all you have to do Dungeon. So show your Joe!!!!

So when there might be a danger of someone finding a perfect copy of this lame book you coincidentally come across a set of books that has this lame issue in 'close enough' condition that the fantastic-superduper-hunkydory-thrillpacked search is over. No details of who sold them to you. No details of the pricetag.

No images, because your scanner conveiniently broke.

You are a cyber poster who is here all the time yet can't get a working scanner or camera. yeahok.gif

Sounds fishy to me. But I'll go have a nice steak in honor of your grail being found.

Chuck

Happy Holidays Charles. No conspiracy here. Im just lazy like JC. grin.gif

Okay, I am going to give this recommendation. Understand, I am not a slime ball but you could buy an HP 1410 (combo scanner/printer/fax, which is about $80) from Wal-Mart. Get your scans. And return said printer for refund. This is referred as a "Wal-Mart Rental". Image hosting is free on some sites. I use www.picshome.com. Or you can attach a 200 K image in the post. That's all you have to do Dungeon. So show your Joe!!!!

I will. I never thought Id need a scanner again, but since weve returned to collecting comics it seems like we could use one again. Is it me or are there too many unhappy, whiney, angry people in this place? Its a downer. frown.gif

We are an unhappy, whiney lot. But hey, could be worse. We could be Vegans. 27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

yeahok.gif azzhole.

Hey, you know that was coming. No, reason to get snotty about it. At least, I limit my Vegan comments to once or so a week. grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif