• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C-Link at SDCC

18 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, gumbydarnit said:

Many thanks!! Always fun to see art out in the wild!

Sure my friend. It’s a kick to see them up close. The lighting in the display case and the Con makes it challenging- that’s why I shot most of these from off center angles.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:52 PM, AnkurJ said:

That’s because his money paid for them.

I know. It's absolutely disgusting. I hope this money isn't going back to the guy that bought it with Stan's money.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:00 PM, MONSTER said:

I know. It's absolutely disgusting. I hope this money isn't going back to the guy that bought it with Stan's money.

That’s exactly where it’s going. And this info is known by many but hasn’t stopped us from bidding lol 

During his buying spree the price for all covers sold by the artist jumped. And many coveted covers have not been seen until now. While prices on the current covers have come back to earth due to the money train being exhausted, the classic covers still get a decent amount at auction. Win-win for everyone except Stan and collectors who hope to get these at any reasonable figure.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:22 AM, AnkurJ said:

That’s exactly where it’s going. And this info is known by many but hasn’t stopped us from bidding lol 

During his buying spree the price for all covers sold by the artist jumped. And many coveted covers have not been seen until now. While prices on the current covers have come back to earth due to the money train being exhausted, the classic covers still get a decent amount at auction. Win-win for everyone except Stan and collectors who hope to get these at any reasonable figure.

I have refused to bid on any of the JSC covers that are signed by Stan and I know others who don’t want them, either, and haven’t bid. I’m sure it has hurt their auction results because the signature is a big turn off.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:26 PM, Michael Browning said:

I have refused to bid on any of the JSC covers that are signed by Stan and I know others who don’t want them, either, and haven’t bid. I’m sure it has hurt their auction results because the signature is a big turn off.

100% agree. The X-related pages signed by Stan that I follow, I feel have gone for as much as half of what they should have. I don't bid on them. The signature looks out of place and feels tacky. And no matter how much window dressing the brothers try to apply to a cover I can still see that signature poking out from under the overlay. 

Managed to get a ridiculous amount of money from Stan to spend on comic art but had no clue how foolish it was to have Stan scribble on everything. I keep hoping we are near the end of the Stan Lee scribbles but they just seem to never end.