• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rumor: Disney Trying to Quietly Remove ‘Slave Leia’ Outfit from Future Products and Images
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Is it working? I don't know, wasn't the only goal to keep Disney's reputation as pure as virgin snow? The only impact I saw was prices doubled or tripled on existing iconage featuring the outfit. I already had the pieces I wanted, so I suppose it worked for me. It's interesting that there was no mention of Oola. In checking whether eBay selling prices are still up seven years later (they are), I found an interesting photo of the Gentle Giant Oola mini-bust. Mine is sealed, so I didn't know the costume could be pushed aside like this . . .

image.png.0aaddffee489e26058fce43739e84f04.png

On 7/27/2022 at 11:56 AM, Galen130 said:

Disney can....

Pound Sand.jpg

They can do that for other reasons too - renaming Boba Fett's ship from 'Slave 1' to 'Firespray Gunship', throwing out decades of Expanded Universe content and creating an inferior replacement, killing off Asajj Ventress, and of course for The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, mtracy64 said:

They can do that for other reasons too - renaming Boba Fett's ship from 'Slave 1' to 'Firespray Gunship', throwing out decades of Expanded Universe content and creating an inferior replacement, killing off Asajj Ventress, and of course for The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker.

Yeah, I meant Disney in it's entirety.  Walt is rolling over in his grave.  I'm not going to get into that on the boards, though. (thumbsu

On 7/27/2022 at 4:05 PM, mtracy64 said:

People change ships. I don't drive the same car I did twenty years ago so why not bounty hunters?  Had it been Slave 7, it would have shown a pattern, but unless Slave 1 was the only ship he ever owned, i'd expect him to move up to a bigger and better ship every few years. Isn't that the intergalatic dream?

On 7/31/2022 at 11:18 AM, shadroch said:

People change ships. I don't drive the same car I did twenty years ago so why not bounty hunters?  Had it been Slave 7, it would have shown a pattern, but unless Slave 1 was the only ship he ever owned, i'd expect him to move up to a bigger and better ship every few years. Isn't that the intergalatic dream?

The D+ show The Book Of Boba Fett showed Fett and Fennec Shand recovering the ship after he got free of the sarlacc pit he fell into in Return Of The Jedi. It's the same ship Jango Fett had in Attack Of The Clones. 

Hell, I tried, I really did. I didn't get into comics until my late 30's, about 20 years ago. I changed groups at work and became fast friends with a guy who collected all genres since the 1960's. He got me hooked on Star Wars first, then started throwing E.C.'s, Planets, Crime Does Not Pay, etc. at me. I quit Star Wars cold turkey, comics and novels, as soon as I heard about the de-canonization of all the stuff I'd read. For a long time, the only "new canon" thing I'd read was 'Dark Disciple', which I bought before I knew about new canon. Then I saw The Force Awakens - not a great movie, but not bad either. It set up some decent possibilities, which we now know were subsequently crapped all over. I thought Rogue One was very good, and Solo was decent. Verizon offered me a year of D+ free, so I got it to catch The Mandalorian, Clone Wars Season 7 and Rebels, all of which I enjoyed. I picked up the Bloodline novel at some point and really enjoyed it, and Zahn's pair of Thrawn trilogies were excellent. Then I started picking up TPBs of the Darth Vader comics, which led me to some of the other Marvel Star Wars comics. I have zero interest in the First Order timeframe and I'm underwhelmed by The High Republic, but much of the rest is good and I'm enjoying the D+ shows. I suck, I guess.

They seem to be more rebranding it 'Huttslayer' Leia, judging by the comics I saw. Who knows, though. I guess it's lucky they released a Black Series version already, even if it wasn't that great (side effect of joints and no way to hide them).