• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Farscape

12 posts in this topic

Just a reminder to any fans of the old show - all seasons are on Amazon prime.

Still great in a cheaparse way!

GOTG of 25 yrs ago really.

Great show - especially being Australian, who weren't really known for good TV back then.

A fun rewind in sci-fi culture.

Jeez - and now pulled from  Prime Australia.

That sucks - hadn't finished it!

On 8/30/2022 at 11:49 AM, BCarter27 said:

I was thinking of watching this for the first time as I am winding down a big Stargate watch. I hear some of the actors were in both. What am I in for?! lol

Honestly  - the GOTG prototype,with helpings of extra cheese.

USA / Australian show - Ben Browder + Claudia Black were both in later Stargate seasons.

Gigi Edgley was super-popular as sex-on-a-stick Chiana.

Just a great show. Like Stargate - you will love this!

I absolutely LOVED Farscape from the first episode I saw.  Evolution on different planets should be entirely different and no two species from different planets should look similar, yet in most science fiction most of the aliens are humanoid.  Farscape was and still is the best series I've seen do a variety of alien body types.  There were still too many humanoid species, but that was probably due to budget.  Even so the production value was high since it was Henson Studios doing it, and the makeup on Ka D'Argo, puppetry on Rygel and Pilot, and the variety in many guest aliens was just outstanding.  Acting was great with a huge array of likable characters.  I always wanted to see how many weird aliens they'd do if it ever got popular enough to make into a film series, but nope.  :sorry:

In film I'd say "Arrival" had the best depiction of aliens, but that was only one species.  Farscape had a bunch of alien species as main characters; particularly Rygel, Pilot, and Moya.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/31/2022 at 4:07 PM, kimik said:

Agreed with the posts above. Farscape was a fantastic show. I was not aware that it is on Amazon Prime, but will look for it now.

It isn't  -  Amazon have pulled it - to consternation worldwide.

No  notice just *poof*