• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man's Next Villian in The Third Movie..."Sandman" Official

92 posts in this topic

The way Spiderman 2 ended it looked like the Green Goblins [sON] was going to be the next villian in Spiderman 3.

What was the point of him breaking the mirror and finding the Green Goblins accessories behind the mirror[in Spiderman 2. Its seems to me that that seen was setting up the next villian for the next movie.

Except in Mexican wrestling.

I knew someone was going to say that! tongue.gif That's why I said it was a general rule rather than an absolute. wink.gif

And please note that Spidey was unmasked about 12 times in Spidey 2. Especially for big dramatic scenes. You've got to give Tobey a chance to work his facial magic. yay.gif

The way Spiderman 2 ended it looked like the Green Goblins [sON] was going to be the next villian in Spiderman 3.

What was the point of him breaking the mirror and finding the Green Goblins accessories behind the mirror[in Spiderman 2. Its seems to me that that seen was setting up the next villian for the next movie.

Maybe. Maybe he's going to come to SM's rescue. It doesn't need to necessarily follow the same line of the comic books.

To use Venom as a bad guy they'd have to totally change the background story. An alien costume that bonds with Peter then is cast off to find Eddie would take way to long to explain in only 2 hours. So why we are all biatching about a change in the Sandman storyline is beyond me.

Considering the move is so far away from opening I think that picture is a photoshop.

Look at the way it hangs off his back, and something aint right in the shoulders

So did you also think the introduction of Curt Conners (The Lizard) or John Jameson (Man-Wolf) would lead them to be the villains in Spider-man 3?

Considering the move is so far away from opening I think that picture is a photoshop.

Look at the way it hangs off his back, and something aint right in the shoulders

I'm not going to say you're definitely wrong, but the picture is from the Sony Pictures Spider-Man site, and I doubt they would engage in some pretty lame deception. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sandman was one of my hopes for a spider-man movie.It might be interesting to see spidey face a more primal type of menace.My personal fantasy storyline would be to see J.J.J. hire Kraven the hunter to track down a mysterious lizard monster that is terrorizing New York City.Spider-man would then become involved in the chaos that would ensue.Short and sweet...hey,a fella can dream.The Scorpion or Professor Smythe's spider slayers would also make for good movie fare.

The retro fashion t-shirt on the Sandman may not be so unrealistic if the Sandman is portrayed as an older,hardened type of street criminal who is still living in the past.He might work well as an unrelenting type of menace that distracts Parker from some far more important responsibility.

My main disappointment has been the lack of a Mary Jane,Gwen Stacy,Betty Brant,Peter Parker "love quadrillatral".Something of that nature would probably cut into the action too deeply.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Personally, I think Sony should introduce the Black Cat to create the love triangle and sex up the movie a bit. This would also add the element of a Marvel Team-Up, as Black Cat could help Spidey fight the villain(s).

Looking here might answer a few questions as to who is who. www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/

screwy.gif Not a verifiable source.

WE SHALL SEE, RICK.

Information is submitted by users, not by the studios. IMDB is wrong in several of their information.

Thomas Hayden-Church was revealed by both Kirsten Dunst in an interview, then later confirmed by Sony Pictures.

Do I have to prove this to you also?

How come JC never says "Wow, what a phenominal idea!!!!!!!" "I am totally stoked about this upcoming movie" confused-smiley-013.gif

File this under things you'll never hear.

He usually does after the movie has grossed 100M+.

Introducing characters but not bringing them in the forefront (like in the Goblin side story) allows Sam to have an arsenal of possibilities and keeping the stories fresh and unexpected. Keeping the story line moving on different levels is the best thing Sam can do...and so far, it's working.

Interesting ideas here about how to introduce characters and keep it fresh. I hope this franchise doesn't fall into the trap that other hero movies have fell into-complacement.