• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man's Next Villian in The Third Movie..."Sandman" Official

92 posts in this topic

I trust Raimi to make this a decent film.

There were a lot of doubters for Doc Ock as well

and I thought that kicked major arse!

All the doubters that want the whole anchelada need to remember that:

#1 Sony Pictures have bought the rights to EIGHT Spidey films

and to rush right into the best characters is just silly.

#2 For the most part, in the first two movie the villians were somewhat believable

with technology powers, I feel the sandman is a safe transfer into a more SciFi

typeof characters... Meaning I could see Sand CGI as a more realistic substance

than the symbiote rubberey CGI at this point.

#3 This will be a good test in total CGI for a character development that will firmer pave the way for a Venom like charcater.

#4 Have a little Faith!

wink.gif

I trust Raimi to make this a decent film.

There were a lot of doubters for Doc Ock as well

and I thought that kicked major arse!

All the doubters that want the whole anchelada need to remember that:

#1 Sony Pictures have bought the rights to EIGHT Spidey films

and to rush right into the best characters is just silly.

#2 For the most part, in the first two movie the villians were somewhat believable

with technology powers, I feel the sandman is a safe transfer into a more SciFi

typeof characters... Meaning I could see Sand CGI as a more realistic substance

than the symbiote rubberey CGI at this point.

#3 This will be a good test in total CGI for a character development that will firmer pave the way for a Venom like charcater.

#4 Have a little Faith!

wink.gif

good post. I agree with #2. The sandman is a great choice. I remember him as a kid as being a good villain.

With Lizard, Electro and Scorpion, cool as they may be, you won't see the actor's faces properly (or at all in the case of the Lizard). And if you want to create a sympathetic, tragic or just plain interesting villain, it's important to see the character's face properly.

So why didn't Raimi listen to this advice when he was overseeing the Green Goblin costume design? foreheadslap.gif

With Lizard, Electro and Scorpion, cool as they may be, you won't see the actor's faces properly (or at all in the case of the Lizard). And if you want to create a sympathetic, tragic or just plain interesting villain, it's important to see the character's face properly.

So why didn't Raimi listen to this advice when he was overseeing the Green Goblin costume design? foreheadslap.gif

Again, I just don't buy the face argument. Boba Fett had a huge fanbase and we never saw his face. Same with Darth Vader before Return of the Jedi. I say costume is much more important than face time in regards to villains. Cool costume equals cool villain. Green Goblin sucked in the costume department. I could care less what Defoe looked like. The Goblin masked sucked and each time GG was on screen I couldn't help but think how stupid that mask looked.

Again, I just don't buy the face argument.

Me neither, but I do believe it holds water when the character turns into some non-human CGI or otherwise, character. Then the audience automatically loses all identification with the character, such as with Robot Arnie at the end of Terminator, the Brundel-Fly at the end of Fly 2 and the Rock's Scorpion King in The Mummy. Even Dorff's "Blood Baddie" transformation in Blade qualifies as well.

That's the key with Sandman, to insure that once THC transforms into Sandy, that the CGI persona doesn't lose his human appearance and identification.

That's the key with Sandman, to insure that once THC transforms into Sandy, that the CGI persona doesn't lose his human appearance and identification.

Yeah, I can agree with that. The movie goer has to identify w/ the villain.

I personally think the sandman is a fantastic spidey villain. I am looking forward to all the things he can do like sand through grates, keyholes, and spidey webbing, making huge concrete fists and breaking walls etc.

Sandman is far more a Spiderman villain than FF IMHO. He made several appearances in early spiderman which is what they are focusing on so far ( Thank god )

Also, I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing Venom. On that note I am a minority I am sure.

Artboy99

I personally think the sandman is a fantastic spidey villain. I am looking forward to all the things he can do like sand through grates, keyholes, and spidey webbing, making huge concrete fists and breaking walls etc.

Sandman is far more a Spiderman villain than FF IMHO. He made several appearances in early spiderman which is what they are focusing on so far ( Thank god )

Also, I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing Venom. On that note I am a minority I am sure.

Artboy99

You're not in the minority from where I can see.

Sure, but this board is full of old fogies who think Sandman is a key Spider-man villain circa 2005. The kids and young adults, on the other hand, all want to see Venom.

My main concern is, why have Sandman, and not bring along Hydro man? (If my history is not wrong) Dosen't anyone remeber that they became The Mud Man when they combined? (I know I heard/read this somewhere) and even if they didn't, if Sam would bring Hydro man along, do you realize what a awsome duo they could be? And I will refuze to belive THE VENOM is gonna be in here, most will be is Eddie.Rami has to be on drugs before he would rush venom in like that. I am a huge Venom/Carnage fan. (but then I am attracted to the dark side of their story, yes I am twisted. but yet good at heart 27_laughing.gif) but I know when soemthing can be done and can';t, and his character CANNOT BE PUSHED. Btw Topher looks like a Gay version of Eddie IMO. Whish Rami picked someone better, but oh well, choosers can';t be beggers. (how ever it goes)

Sure, but this board is full of old fogies who think Sandman is a key Spider-man villain circa 2005. The kids and young adults, on the other hand, all want to see Venom.

Well I'm no fogey (unless mid 30's is old confused-smiley-013.gif )and I like the idea of Sandman. I wouldn't mind seeing Venom, but why rush it. There are more movies left in this franchise if it's done right..........

Joe,in all the time I've been on these boards,I never heard you say a good thing about the hobby or the movies made about them...............why the $#@^ don't you put your money where your mouth is?.......oh I forgot,your a welch 893scratchchin-thumb.gif