• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Comico Primer 2
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Just got this one today for a good price. Flaws include spine tics, what appears to be a red pen mark on the first page, a lil wear on the spine and a very light fingerprint top center cover (presumably from someone taking it out of a bag at some point). Otherwise, it lays nice and flat, Staples are secure and corners are sharpish. Where do you have it? 

20220727_192632.jpg

20220727_192636.jpg

20220727_192642.jpg

20220727_192650.jpg

20220727_192647.jpg

20220727_192711.jpg

20220727_192759.jpg

20220727_192737.jpg

7.5/8.0 because of the color-breaking creases and color rub along the spine and the upper right corner of the front cover.

Nice pick-up. One of the Top 10 favorite comics in my collection and the first CGC slab I cracked open (and probably the only one I slightly regret).

Thanks for sharing.

I would go 7.0±0.5, but I am not factoring in the ink mark inside. I'm not sure if that will count as a specific deduction or if an internal ink mark would be consistent with the other cumulative defects that are obvious on the cover. I have a book with a similar number spine ticks that came back as a 7.0 and perhaps the light creasing in my book will be equivalent to the small amount of color rub around the staples. These black covers are a PITA for just highlighting every little defect. Graders don't even have to work hard if they get a book with a black cover. There should be a discount on grading fees.

Edited by scburdet

One of my favorite books! Initially I was at 6.5-7 due to the ink rub near the spine, and the fingerprint/divot. They seem to really hate those fingerprints. Those along with the spine cracks have a cumulative effect. Hope I'm wrong and it goes higher for you!.