• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations, 2022 CGC Registry Award Winners, and forumites of the year!
4 4

72 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2022 at 3:29 PM, greggy said:

I'm stuck at four. 

I was wondering why you have been nicer over the last couple months.  I’m sure you will be back to your grumpy self in no time.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, 1Cool said:

I was wondering why you have been nicer over the last couple months.  I’m sure you will be back to your grumpy self in no time.

Gnomes are notoriously grumpy.

Booyah! I did it! Congrats to all the other collectors, spenders, and general over-obsessors in the hobby :D 

Moon Knight Fanboys coming in hot with the awards this year! IT'S A MOONIE-SWEEP!

Sauce Dog joins fellow registry user jcronin in being the first to receive an award for a Moon Knight set!

On 7/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, jefecabra said:

Wow humbled to win a best of registry for the first time. Does anyone know if they send an actual trophy or plaque with the award?

I believe they do, also $500 grading credit to CGC, which I assume would be available straight away. They're also giving out a signature series Last Ronin 9.8 signed by the creators/artists this year! :banana:

Congrats :) 

• Administrator
On 7/29/2022 at 8:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The summaries of these great sets astound me and only make me want to hear more!

May sound cheesy, but its relatable to all us boardies with the thrill of the hunt and stuff

Not cheesy. This is an element we consider for sure. If a set has writing that makes me want to check out a title, it has my vote! 

• Administrator
On 7/30/2022 at 3:41 PM, jefecabra said:

Wow humbled to win a best of registry for the first time. Does anyone know if they send an actual trophy or plaque with the award?

Yes! A plaque, $500 grading credit with CGC and a signature series Last Ronin 9.8 (really excited about this addition to the prize package this year).

• Administrator
On 7/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, BDubs said:

Kudos to the winners!

First year here, so will continue to build out on registry, 

Worked pretty hard on my first registry, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol 1 set to add the 90+ images and descriptions and have the highest completion % at 98% missing only the #1 First Print. 

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=152171

Just going to have to work harder to take the top award! 

image.png.5de397b7fd6a2d76a6143f20ea1dd025.png

image.png.c2def9185ada7ae25f50528d51dd666b.png

As wytshus said earlier in this thread, it's incredibly difficult to choose winners when we have a sea of awesome sets to consider. This year more than any previous year, we realize that it is time to add more opportunities to win. You've all stepped up your game and we will too. Stay tuned for details about the 2023 award cycle!

On 8/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, dena said:

As wytshus said earlier in this thread, it's incredibly difficult to choose winners when we have a sea of awesome sets to consider. This year more than any previous year, we realize that it is time to add more opportunities to win. You've all stepped up your game and we will too. Stay tuned for details about the 2023 award cycle!

^^

On 8/1/2022 at 7:05 AM, dena said:

Not cheesy. This is an element we consider for sure. If a set has writing that makes me want to check out a title, it has my vote! 

lol I agree, I have descriptions on all mine as well, if I'm honest :) but reading just makes me want more sounds a bit but again maybe not haha

On 8/1/2022 at 7:05 AM, dena said:

The summaries of these great sets astound me and only make me want to hear more!

May sound cheesy, but its relatable to all us boardies with the thrill of the hunt and stuff

On 7/29/2022 at 1:25 PM, CGC Mike said:

Best forumites

Flex Mentallo
This forum member created one of the finest threads on the forum. “Tales from the Island of Serendip” was a decade long thread that reached 450 pages. His time in India helped give several children there a better life. The sharing of his vast knowledge of comics and art of all forms should also be noted. Thank you for all of your contributions here, Flex.

FoggyNelson
This forum member always brings cheer to the forum with his friendly attitude, and always looks for the positive things in a thread. His love for bacon should also be mentioned. We hope that you are always blessed with a steady supply of BLT’s. Thank you for your pleasant contributions here.

Revat
This forum member has been extremely helpful in providing new forum members with valuable information, and guiding them in the right direction to accomplish their goals. Your good deeds have not gone unnoticed, and we wish to thank you for helping our community.

Congratulations!

On 8/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, dena said:

Yes! A plaque, $500 grading credit with CGC and a signature series Last Ronin 9.8 (really excited about this addition to the prize package this year).

That’s awesome, can’t wait to get my package! And thank you again I’m so excited and humbled that my Scooby Doo gold key set was selected as one of the winners this year!!