• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[GRADE IS IN] PGM Fantastic Four 149 (Mark Jewelers)
2 2

7 posts in this topic

If this had a chance at 9.8, I'd probably send it to be graded.  But there is a faint "finger bend" to the left of Namor's head that can barely be seen when angling the book to the light just right.  I don't think I'd chance a press on this book to get rid of it.  Thanks for looking.  I'm not sure what's going on with the back cover scan.

FF149_MJ_Front.thumb.jpg.2aae3fa0e87ddbbf7af2a6ec01880cb3.jpg

FF149_MJ_Back.thumb.jpg.9b2c49da5637b0b3f9219a1312ed62fa.jpg

IMG_4981.thumb.jpg.5592062f6a0df4b9c3b92154d4ab1835.jpg

IMG_4979.thumb.jpg.d9f9cf774ec4dc97cc4f4970094b2543.jpg

Edited by Engr62

I certainly don't see the bend, nor any other defects (≥9.4). If it was mine, I would be tempted to roll the dice just b/c it is so nice and a MJs. Not a key issue, but it does seem like MJs, especially higher grades get a bump in selling price even if they're not in the highest possible grade. I'd also be tempted to do a sign and grade with Gerry Conway. That's probably a break even proposition in terms of investment, but it wouldn't surprise me if a signed slabbed MJs at this grade is a one-of-a-kind comic. I find that kind of thing intriguing.